Re: [BCD396XT] Future feature?

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 4, 2008
      First, I didn't see that you tried the HOLD TIME. (again, OOOPS! :-] )

      Second, if you hold the Function button for a few seconds until the
      scanner beeps, the scanner will lock on that system until you release it
      (not just a few seconds).

      You could also duplicate that system and assign it various SQKs so it is
      scanned more often (assign it 1, 11, 21, 31, 41, 51, etc).

      Joe M.

    • joe_polcari
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 8, 2008
        Something I haven't seen asked.
        The XT can have analog/digital/both channels. Does that mean it will
        respond to, and you can set, a CTS/DCS and a NAC on the same frequency?
      • Uniden UPMan
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 8, 2008
          Yes. You'd enter it as two channels...one analog w/CTCSS/DCS and the other digital/NAC.

           UPMan

          The XT can have analog/digital/ both channels. Does that mean it will
          respond to, and you can set, a CTS/DCS and a NAC on the same frequency?

        • Joe Polcari
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 8, 2008
            Ok - a workaround. At least that's better than it is now. New Hampshire is a
            pain with their mixed channels.

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 8, 2008
              The 996 has the 'both' feature. It means CSQ, not PL/DPL/NAC.

              There aren't that many mixed analog/digital channels that would be a
              problem programming both as separate channels.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 9, 2008
                True - it won't be a problem now that you can use NAC