Rebanding

  • Brad Magee
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16, 2010
      I need help programming rebanding system.It is part motorola trunk and part
      rebanded.Can both rebanded and and motorola be programmed together or
      seperatley.Thanks

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2010
        It cannot be both. Either it's an original Motorola system or it is a
        Rebanded system. Why are you saying it's both? Also, a RadioReference
        URL would help identify what it is.

        Joe M.

        Brad Magee wrote:
        > I need help programming rebanding system.It is part motorola trunk and part
        > rebanded.Can both rebanded and and motorola be programmed together or
        > seperatley.Thanks

      • Richard Victor
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 17, 2010
          Of course it may well be a Motorola system which has been rebanded
          making it a rebanded Motorola system and that may have confused the OP.
          Since rebanded and Motorola describe two different aspects of the system
          they aren't mutually exclusive.

          If the OP could tell us whether he's programming manually or with
          software (which program) in addition to the RR URL as you've requested,
          we could be more helpful in providing specifics.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 17, 2010
            Basically true, but Motorola and Rebanded are pretty much exclusive -
            much like a System cannot be Motorola and P25 even if it's a P25 system
            made by Motorola.

            Of course, the only true "Rebanded" systems types will only refer to
            Analog Motorola Systems. Other system types (EDACS, LTR, P25, and
            Conventional) are really the exact same systems just programmed with
            different frequencies.

            Joe M.