Re: Easier to Read 396XT Manual

  • marksscanners
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 15, 2010
      No, but you can save the web page as a pdf if you install this program
      <http://www.pdf995.com/index.html> . But, don't waste $40 on an ink
      cartridge to print it just yet.

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Miller <jafarm66@...> wrote:

      > Mark, is this available in downloadable format like PDF or
      DOC??

    • Keith
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 15, 2010
        On Aug 14, 2010, at 10:18 PM, marksscanners wrote:

        > Easier to Read 396XT Manual <http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml

        Good Job Mark. You may want to look over this section for the serial
        port:

        Set Serial Port allows you to set the baud rate for the front and rear
        serial ports. You typically set the front port to match the speed used
        to communicate with your PC (default 115200 bps) and the back port to
        the speed used to communicate with an attached GPS device (default
        4800 bps). Note that the back port is male. You may need a gender
        changer and a null modem adapter to use a typical DB9 serial cable
        from the rear port.

        Scroll to 'Set Serial Port' and press E/yes.
        Scroll to Off, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, or 115200 and press E/yes to
        save and exit.

        The serial port has a 4800 speed & the 396xt has no rear port.
      • Jack Ramsey
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 17, 2010
          I made it a Word document with ½” margins & left the borders. It’s 75 pages
          in that format.

          http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

        • RonH
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 17, 2010
            Prints very nicely on 63 pages.

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Jeffry Rehm <scanman1958@...> wrote:

            > Has anyone tried, for whatever reason, printing this manual? If so how many pages did it take up? Just wondering.
            >
            > Jeff

          • Jeffry Rehm
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 17, 2010
              Thanks.

              > Has anyone tried, for whatever reason, printing this manual? If so how many
              > pages did it take up? Just wondering.
              >
              > Jeff
              >
              > --- On Sun, 8/15/10, marksscanners <marksscanners@...<marksscanners%40yahoo.com>>
              > wrote:
              >
              > From: marksscanners <marksscanners@... <marksscanners%40yahoo.com>>
              >
              > Subject: [BCD396XT] Easier to Read 396XT Manual
              > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
              > Date: Sunday, August 15, 2010, 12:18 AM
              >

              > Easier to Read 396XT Manual <http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml>

              [FReD]

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 19, 2010
                I usually use software to program my 396XT but there are occasions when
                I'm in the field away from a computer and

                I need to make some programming adjustments, such as changing a quick
                key assignment or a lock out setting, via the key pad . I have a few
                question about programing this way:

                -is there a way to easily navigate to a system for programming purposes
                other than pressing MENU and then scrolling through all the system to
                get to the one you're looking for?

                -can you navigate to a system for programing purposes by using the
                number tags?

                -for a multi site trunk system, is it possible to simultaneously set the
                lock out or quick key setting for all of the sites on that system at
                once or does it have to be done one site at a time?

                Thanks,
                Mike

              • Keith
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 20, 2010
                  On 8/19/10 9:40 PM, "Mike" <mikekut@...> wrote:

                  > -is there a way to easily navigate to a system for programming purposes
                  > other than pressing MENU and then scrolling through all the system to
                  > get to the one you're looking for?

                  While scanning Press hold so the scanner is in "HOLD" mode on line 1, press
                  Func, turn scroll knob to the system you want to edit. Then press Menu Key,
                  while reverse "F" appears on line 1. If reverse "F" does not appear on line
                  1 press Func -> Menu

                  > -can you navigate to a system for programing purposes by using the
                  > number tags?

                  You can navigate to the system with Number tags and hen press Func -> Menu
                  IE 1.11 -> Menu -> Func -> Menu

                  If you ever want to navigate a "single" CNV frequency or TGID stop on the
                  Freq or TGID then press EYes key

                  --
                  Best Regards, Keith
                  http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/