Re: [BCD396XT] Proscan Quick keys

  • Richard Victor
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2010
      System Quick Keys (SQKs) should be set on the ProScan System page for
      conventional systems and on the ProScan Site page for trunked systems.
      Group Quick Keys (GQKs) are set on the ProScan Group page for both types
      of systems. SQKs and GQKs should then be transferred to the scanner by
      uploading at least those systems which have been changed or which
      contain groups which have been changed. You can have up to 100 SQKs and
      each system can have up to 10 GQKs. There can be more than one system
      or site assigned to a SQK and more than one group assigned to a GQK.
      Searches and Services can also have SQKs so they are really
      System/Search/Service Quick Keys, but usually referred to as merely SQKs.

      The ProScan Quick Keys / Search Keys tab provides a means of setting the
      state of the SQKs and the GQKs following the transfer of new
      configuration data to the scanner. It doesn't change the assignment of
      the quick keys, merely their initial state. It, too, needs to be
      uploaded to the scanner (as part of the configuration) in order to take
      effect.

      When you're using ProScan's virtual scanner display to operate your
      scanner you can turn systems and groups on and off just as you would on
      the scanner itself by clicking on the same keys as you would press on
      the scanner. In other words, if you want to activate the system to
      which you have assigned SQK #1, you would click on the #1 key. For two
      digit SQKs you need to click on the [. / No] key and then the two
      digits. For example, for SQK #24 you would click on the [. / NO] key
      and then the #2 key and then the #4 key. To turn a group on or off, you
      click on the [FUNC] key and then the GQK number while scanning the
      system which contains that group.

      The display

      S0:1234--7**0 indicates that SQKs 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 0 are active; SQKs
      8 and 9 are inactive; and SQKs 5 and 6 are unassigned.

      S1:12---678** indicates that SQKs 11, 12, 16, 17, and 18 are active;
      SQKs 19 and 10 are inactive; and SQKs13, 14, and 15 are unassigned.

      Etc. to S9:12345678790

      Hope this is helpful.

      Dick