Question in programming

  • wb6qmp
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2010
      Dumb question.
      Can conventional freqs be in a trunked system?
      I assume they have to be in a convention system.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2010
        Technically, they can be, but you will never hear them, as the scanner
        will only use them to search for control channel data.

        If you want to hear them, Conventional frequencies have to be in a
        Conventional system.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2010
          I will also add that if you want to enable/disable them together, assign
          them the same System Quick Key. Then, for all practical purposes they
          will be in the "same System".

          Joe M.

          wb6qmp wrote:
          > Dumb question.
          > Can conventional freqs be in a trunked system?
          > I assume they have to be in a convention system.

        • eph39
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2010
            I have a conventional system and trunked system both programmed to the same quick key because Jacksonville FL Fire/Rescue simulcasts their dispatches on a UHF frequency while all of their operational comms happen on their digital trunked system. I also have a conventional system programmed on a separate quick key for all of the other stuff around here. I have the JFRD UHF frequency there as well but I like it better having it programmed as a conventional system assigned to the same quick key as the trunked system. Works nice for me. Hope this gives you some insight.