Re: [BCD396XT] Antenna, was: Re: Scanner Case?

  • Matthew Kurzon
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
      I bought it because they made it sound like it was a new design--
      forget it!!!    It is just the same old original antenna that came with
      the radio..... my Radio Shack scanner antenna gets better reception..
      I'm still considering a powered antenna, but afraid of too much noise.

      Matthew

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
        Exactly "where" do you need better reception, home, car o just on the
        scanner? How do you use it, what system(s) and so foth are you trrying to
        monitor. Knowing more info we may be able to help you get a better antenna
        for your situation.

        Is this a replacement antenna you are talking about (did you lose the
        original?)
        ? Or is this a new design?

        Best,
        L.

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Kurzon <mattjiva@...> wrote:

        > Joe,
        >
        > There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.
        >
        > I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
        > office, which is building with a guard at all times. I got the message
        > from
        > USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
        > room. I think it will turn up soon.Â
        >
        > Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be. I am already using an
        > antenna
        > from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.
        >
        > If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.
        >
        > If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I
        > need
        > to go to sleep now! Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.
        >
        > Matthew

      • Matthew Kurzon
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
          Hi John:

          I live near NY City, in Englewood NJ.  I use my radio at home indoors.

          Feel free to write directly to me if you wish.  mattjiva@yahoo

          Matthew