Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Scanner Case?

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
      If you could post the details, that would be great. I don't see any
      antennas on the Uniden website.

      Joe M.

      Matthew Kurzon wrote:
      > Joe,
      >
      > There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.
      >
      > I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
      > office, which is building with a guard at all times. I got the message from
      > USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
      > room. I think it will turn up soon.
      >
      > Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be. I am already using an antenna
      > from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.
      >
      > If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.
      >
      > If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I need
      > to go to sleep now! Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.
      >
      > Matthew
      >

      > ________________________________

    • lucretius3
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
        Is this a replacement antenna you are talking about (did you lose the original?) ? Or is this a new design?

        Best,
        L.

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Kurzon <mattjiva@...> wrote:

        > Joe,
        >
        > There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.
        >
        > I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
        > office, which is building with a guard at all times.  I got the message from
        > USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
        > room.  I think it will turn up soon.
        >
        > Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be.  I am already using an antenna
        > from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.
        >
        > If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.
        >
        > If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I need
        > to go to sleep now!  Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.
        >
        > Matthew
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Matthew Kurzon
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
          I bought it because they made it sound like it was a new design--
          forget it!!!    It is just the same old original antenna that came with
          the radio..... my Radio Shack scanner antenna gets better reception..
          I'm still considering a powered antenna, but afraid of too much noise.

          Matthew

          ________________________________
          Is this a replacement antenna you are talking about (did you lose the original?)
          ? Or is this a new design?

          Best,
          L.

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Kurzon <mattjiva@...> wrote:

          > Joe,
          >
          > There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.
          >
          > I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
          > office, which is building with a guard at all times.  I got the message from
          > USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
          > room.  I think it will turn up soon.
          >
          > Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be.  I am already using an antenna
          > from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.
          >
          > If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.
          >
          > If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I need
          > to go to sleep now!  Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.
          >
          > Matthew
          >

          > ________________________________

        • johnstark
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
            Exactly "where" do you need better reception, home, car o just on the
            scanner? How do you use it, what system(s) and so foth are you trrying to
            monitor. Knowing more info we may be able to help you get a better antenna
            for your situation.

            Is this a replacement antenna you are talking about (did you lose the
            original?)
            ? Or is this a new design?

            Best,
            L.

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Kurzon <mattjiva@...> wrote:

            > Joe,
            >
            > There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.
            >
            > I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
            > office, which is building with a guard at all times. I got the message
            > from
            > USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
            > room. I think it will turn up soon.Â
            >
            > Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be. I am already using an
            > antenna
            > from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.
            >
            > If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.
            >
            > If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I
            > need
            > to go to sleep now! Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.
            >
            > Matthew

          • Matthew Kurzon
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
              Hi John:

              I live near NY City, in Englewood NJ.  I use my radio at home indoors.

              Feel free to write directly to me if you wish.  mattjiva@yahoo

              Matthew