Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Scanner Case?

  • Matthew Kurzon
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
      Joe,

      There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.

      I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
      office, which is building with a guard at all times.  I got the message from
      USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
      room.  I think it will turn up soon.

      Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be.  I am already using an antenna
      from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.

      If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.

      If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I need
      to go to sleep now!  Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.

      Matthew

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
        If you could post the details, that would be great. I don't see any
        antennas on the Uniden website.

        Joe M.

        Matthew Kurzon wrote:
        > Joe,
        >
        > There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.
        >
        > I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
        > office, which is building with a guard at all times. I got the message from
        > USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
        > room. I think it will turn up soon.
        >
        > Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be. I am already using an antenna
        > from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.
        >
        > If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.
        >
        > If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I need
        > to go to sleep now! Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.
        >
        > Matthew
        >

        > ________________________________

      • lucretius3
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
          Is this a replacement antenna you are talking about (did you lose the original?) ? Or is this a new design?

          Best,
          L.

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
            I bought it because they made it sound like it was a new design--
            forget it!!!    It is just the same old original antenna that came with
            the radio..... my Radio Shack scanner antenna gets better reception..
            I'm still considering a powered antenna, but afraid of too much noise.

            Matthew

            ________________________________
            Is this a replacement antenna you are talking about (did you lose the original?)
            ? Or is this a new design?

            Best,
            L.

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Kurzon <mattjiva@...> wrote:

            > Joe,
            >
            > There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.
            >
            > I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
            > office, which is building with a guard at all times.  I got the message from
            > USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
            > room.  I think it will turn up soon.
            >
            > Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be.  I am already using an antenna
            > from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.
            >
            > If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.
            >
            > If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I need
            > to go to sleep now!  Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.
            >
            > Matthew
            >

            > ________________________________

          • johnstark
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
              Exactly "where" do you need better reception, home, car o just on the
              scanner? How do you use it, what system(s) and so foth are you trrying to
              monitor. Knowing more info we may be able to help you get a better antenna
              for your situation.

              Is this a replacement antenna you are talking about (did you lose the
              original?)
              ? Or is this a new design?

              Best,
              L.

              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Kurzon <mattjiva@...> wrote:

              > Joe,
              >
              > There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.
              >
              > I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
              > office, which is building with a guard at all times. I got the message
              > from
              > USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
              > room. I think it will turn up soon.Â
              >
              > Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be. I am already using an
              > antenna
              > from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.
              >
              > If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.
              >
              > If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I
              > need
              > to go to sleep now! Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.
              >
              > Matthew

            • Matthew Kurzon
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                Hi John:

                I live near NY City, in Englewood NJ.  I use my radio at home indoors.

                Feel free to write directly to me if you wish.  mattjiva@yahoo

                Matthew