Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Scanner Case?

  • Matthew Kurzon
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
      Thanks Lucretius3, I bought the case right away.

      Anyone get the new antenna from Uniden?  I should be getting
      it, it is somewhere in NY, addressed to me at work but didn't get it
      yet.. who knows how they addressed it..

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
        the one i have is similar to that one, i got it for my 396t its a little harder leather than that one same design
        it saved me several nasty drop breaks
        lOL

        _________________________________
        L.H.'s Daily Tagline

        "I can only handle MY problems , I can't handle everybody else's problems."

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
          New antenna? I haven't heard of this before.

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
            Joe,

            There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.

            I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
            office, which is building with a guard at all times.  I got the message from
            USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
            room.  I think it will turn up soon.

            Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be.  I am already using an antenna
            from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.

            If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.

            If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I need
            to go to sleep now!  Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.

            Matthew

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
              If you could post the details, that would be great. I don't see any
              antennas on the Uniden website.

              Joe M.

              Matthew Kurzon wrote:
              > Joe,
              >
              > There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.
              >
              > I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
              > office, which is building with a guard at all times. I got the message from
              > USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
              > room. I think it will turn up soon.
              >
              > Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be. I am already using an antenna
              > from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.
              >
              > If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.
              >
              > If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I need
              > to go to sleep now! Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.
              >
              > Matthew
              >

              > ________________________________

            • lucretius3
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                Is this a replacement antenna you are talking about (did you lose the original?) ? Or is this a new design?

                Best,
                L.

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                  I bought it because they made it sound like it was a new design--
                  forget it!!!    It is just the same old original antenna that came with
                  the radio..... my Radio Shack scanner antenna gets better reception..
                  I'm still considering a powered antenna, but afraid of too much noise.

                  Matthew

                  ________________________________
                  Is this a replacement antenna you are talking about (did you lose the original?)
                  ? Or is this a new design?

                  Best,
                  L.

                  --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Kurzon <mattjiva@...> wrote:

                  > Joe,
                  >
                  > There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.
                  >
                  > I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
                  > office, which is building with a guard at all times.  I got the message from
                  > USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
                  > room.  I think it will turn up soon.
                  >
                  > Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be.  I am already using an antenna
                  > from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.
                  >
                  > If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.
                  >
                  > If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I need
                  > to go to sleep now!  Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.
                  >
                  > Matthew
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • johnstark
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                    Exactly "where" do you need better reception, home, car o just on the
                    scanner? How do you use it, what system(s) and so foth are you trrying to
                    monitor. Knowing more info we may be able to help you get a better antenna
                    for your situation.

                    Is this a replacement antenna you are talking about (did you lose the
                    original?)
                    ? Or is this a new design?

                    Best,
                    L.

                    --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Kurzon <mattjiva@...> wrote:

                    > Joe,
                    >
                    > There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.
                    >
                    > I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
                    > office, which is building with a guard at all times. I got the message
                    > from
                    > USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
                    > room. I think it will turn up soon.Â
                    >
                    > Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be. I am already using an
                    > antenna
                    > from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.
                    >
                    > If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.
                    >
                    > If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I
                    > need
                    > to go to sleep now! Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.
                    >
                    > Matthew

                  • Matthew Kurzon
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                      Hi John:

                      I live near NY City, in Englewood NJ.  I use my radio at home indoors.

                      Feel free to write directly to me if you wish.  mattjiva@yahoo

                      Matthew