Re: Scanner Case?

  • lucretius3
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
      This case, made by A.W. Enterprise, is excellent:
      http://www.scannermaster.com/Uniden_Soft_Leather_Case_with_Swivel_p/01-581010.htm

      I have this case on my scanner. I also tried the nylon case but did not like it.

      Best,
      L.

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, zz455@... wrote:

      > Anyone selling a leather case is it worth it and how much are they?
      >

      > <MODERATOR MESSAGE: PLEASE TRIM UNRELATED POSTS FROM YOUR MESSAGES AND CHANGE THE SUBJECT TO MATCH YOUR QUESTION...THIS POST ORIGINALLY INCLUDED PAGES OF POSTS RELATED TO TAXI FREQUENCIES AND A SUBJECT RELATED TO TAXI FREQUENCIES.>

    • Matthew Kurzon
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
        Thanks Lucretius3, I bought the case right away.

        Anyone get the new antenna from Uniden?  I should be getting
        it, it is somewhere in NY, addressed to me at work but didn't get it
        yet.. who knows how they addressed it..

        ________________________________
        This case, made by A.W. Enterprise, is excellent:
        http://www.scannermaster.com/Uniden_Soft_Leather_Case_with_Swivel_p/01-581010.htm

        I have this case on my scanner. I also tried the nylon case but did not like it.

        Best,
        L.

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, zz455@... wrote:

        > Anyone selling a leather case is it worth it and how much are they?
        >

        > <MODERATOR MESSAGE: PLEASE TRIM UNRELATED POSTS FROM YOUR MESSAGES AND CHANGE
        >THE SUBJECT TO MATCH YOUR QUESTION...THIS POST ORIGINALLY INCLUDED PAGES OF
        >POSTS RELATED TO TAXI FREQUENCIES AND A SUBJECT RELATED TO TAXI FREQUENCIES.>

      • Mr. L. Harris
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
          the one i have is similar to that one, i got it for my 396t its a little harder leather than that one same design
          it saved me several nasty drop breaks
          lOL

          _________________________________
          L.H.'s Daily Tagline

          "I can only handle MY problems , I can't handle everybody else's problems."

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
            New antenna? I haven't heard of this before.

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
              Joe,

              There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.

              I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
              office, which is building with a guard at all times.  I got the message from
              USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
              room.  I think it will turn up soon.

              Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be.  I am already using an antenna
              from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.

              If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.

              If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I need
              to go to sleep now!  Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.

              Matthew

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
                If you could post the details, that would be great. I don't see any
                antennas on the Uniden website.

                Joe M.

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                  Is this a replacement antenna you are talking about (did you lose the original?) ? Or is this a new design?

                  Best,
                  L.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                    I bought it because they made it sound like it was a new design--
                    forget it!!!    It is just the same old original antenna that came with
                    the radio..... my Radio Shack scanner antenna gets better reception..
                    I'm still considering a powered antenna, but afraid of too much noise.

                    Matthew

                    ________________________________
                    Is this a replacement antenna you are talking about (did you lose the original?)
                    ? Or is this a new design?

                    Best,
                    L.

                    --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Kurzon <mattjiva@...> wrote:

                    > Joe,
                    >
                    > There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.
                    >
                    > I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
                    > office, which is building with a guard at all times.  I got the message from
                    > USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
                    > room.  I think it will turn up soon.
                    >
                    > Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be.  I am already using an antenna
                    > from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.
                    >
                    > If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.
                    >
                    > If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I need
                    > to go to sleep now!  Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.
                    >
                    > Matthew
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • johnstark
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                      Exactly "where" do you need better reception, home, car o just on the
                      scanner? How do you use it, what system(s) and so foth are you trrying to
                      monitor. Knowing more info we may be able to help you get a better antenna
                      for your situation.

                      Is this a replacement antenna you are talking about (did you lose the
                      original?)
                      ? Or is this a new design?

                      Best,
                      L.

                      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Kurzon <mattjiva@...> wrote:

                      > Joe,
                      >
                      > There was a waiting list for the antenna, which costs a whopping 10.99.
                      >
                      > I got on the waiting list and now the antenna has been sent to me at my
                      > office, which is building with a guard at all times. I got the message
                      > from
                      > USPS that they delivered it or tried to, not sure, but it didn't get to my
                      > room. I think it will turn up soon.Â
                      >
                      > Anyway for 10.99 I wonder how great it can be. I am already using an
                      > antenna
                      > from Radio Shack which is telescoping, and immediately improved reception.
                      >
                      > If you look at the Uniden site you should see the new antenna there.
                      >
                      > If not, I will look at my emails and get you the part number tomorrow; I
                      > need
                      > to go to sleep now! Writing to me directly is fine if you wish to do so.
                      >
                      > Matthew

                    • Matthew Kurzon
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                        Hi John:

                        I live near NY City, in Englewood NJ.  I use my radio at home indoors.

                        Feel free to write directly to me if you wish.  mattjiva@yahoo

                        Matthew