Re: [BCD396XT] P25 Systems?

  • mch@nb.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
      That's how I found that they were P25 systems when I confirmed that they were P25 systems.

      But, not sure what your post was intended to say.

      Joe M.

      On Fri 02/07/10 4:46 PM , Eric knip@... sent:
      > Sure they do. Just click on the links he provided:
      >
      > System Name: Prosper Public Safety
      > Location: Prosper, TX
      > County: Collin
      > System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
      >
      > System Name: Frisco (Project 25)
      > Location: Frisco, TX
      > County: Collin
      > System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
      >
      > mch@...
      > wrote:
      > > RadioReference does list them as P25
      > systems.>
      > > Joe M.
      > >
      > > On Fri 02/07/10 3:49 PM , Uniden UPMan uniden
      > .upman@... sent:>
      > >>If properly programmed and receiving well,
      > when you press HOLD on>>either system it should show that system's
      > SysID-SiteID.>>
      > >>If it doesn't show, then you aren't getting a
      > good receive of the control>>channel. As long as these are programmed as
      > P25 (not Motorola), you should>>be able to receive them.
      > >> UPMan
    • chavalo007
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
        Ah! Brilliant. OK, when I hit HOLD, I do indeed see the system ID. Good to know I'm receiving it. For any in the area, have you successfully picked up any voice traffic on either the Frisco or Prosper P25 systems? Thanks!

        Brian

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
          For new systems, make sure you use ID SEARCH, not ID SCAN, as
          you may not have many active IDs in your list of TGIDs yet.

          Joe M.

          chavalo007 wrote:
          > Ah! Brilliant. OK, when I hit HOLD, I do indeed see the system ID. Good to know I'm receiving it. For any in the area, have you successfully picked up any voice traffic on either the Frisco or Prosper P25 systems? Thanks!
          >
          > Brian
          >
          > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Uniden UPMan <uniden.upman@...> wrote:
          >> If properly programmed and receiving well, when you press HOLD on either system
          >> it should show that system's SysID-SiteID.
          >>
          >> If it doesn't show, then you aren't getting a good receive of the control
          >> channel. As long as these are programmed as P25 (not Motorola), you should be
          >> able to receive them.
          >> Â UPMan

        • chavalo007
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
            Thanks for the tip, Joe. Yeah, I do have it on ID SEARCH to catch any new TGIDs. Maybe I ought to leave it on overnight recording to see if I catch anything.

            Have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July weekend, everyone!

            -Brian