Re: Mot type II / P25 or P25 standard - Freescan

  • nocreativety
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
      You can pick either type. It is there for compatibility with older scanner site types. When you upload, FreeSCAN will detect the type of scanner you are using and adjust the site type to the correct one.

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "kb0gus" <ygroup@...> wrote:

      > All,
      >
      > I've been messing around a bit with the different settings and see that there is an option on freescan to program the system type as either Mot type II / P25 or P25 standard.

    • Eric
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
        kb0gus wrote:

        > I've been messing around a bit with the different settings and see that there is an option on freescan to program the system type as either Mot type II / P25 or P25 standard.
        >
        > I don't see that option in the manual... Does this apply to the 396xt?
        >
        > If so, Which one should I use for these two systems?
        >
        > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6133

        System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)

        > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4390

        System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
      • kb0gus
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
          Um... yea.... thanks

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Eric <knip@...> wrote:

          > kb0gus wrote:
          >
          > > I've been messing around a bit with the different settings and see that there is an option on freescan to program the system type as either Mot type II / P25 or P25 standard.
          > >
          > > I don't see that option in the manual... Does this apply to the 396xt?
          > >
          > > If so, Which one should I use for these two systems?
          > >
          > > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6133
          >
          > System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
          >
          > > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4390
          >
          > System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)

        • gcr33
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2010
            New? Perhaps slightly used or lightly used but it is not new if you have used / programmed it.