Mot type II / P25 or P25 standard - Freescan

  • kb0gus
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
      All,

      I've been messing around a bit with the different settings and see that there is an option on freescan to program the system type as either Mot type II / P25 or P25 standard.

      I don't see that option in the manual... Does this apply to the 396xt?

      If so, Which one should I use for these two systems?

      http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6133
      http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4390

      They download from radioreference as Mot type II / P25

      Thanks for your help.
    • Richard Victor
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
        P25 Standard for both should do it.

        On 7/2/2010 3:52 PM, kb0gus wrote:
        > All,
        >
        > I've been messing around a bit with the different settings and see that there is an option on freescan to program the system type as either Mot type II / P25 or P25 standard.
        >
        > I don't see that option in the manual... Does this apply to the 396xt?
        >
        > If so, Which one should I use for these two systems?
        >
        > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6133
        > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4390
        >
        > They download from radioreference as Mot type II / P25
        >
        > Thanks for your help.
      • nocreativety
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
          You can pick either type. It is there for compatibility with older scanner site types. When you upload, FreeSCAN will detect the type of scanner you are using and adjust the site type to the correct one.

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "kb0gus" <ygroup@...> wrote:

          > All,
          >
          > I've been messing around a bit with the different settings and see that there is an option on freescan to program the system type as either Mot type II / P25 or P25 standard.

        • Eric
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
            kb0gus wrote:

            > I've been messing around a bit with the different settings and see that there is an option on freescan to program the system type as either Mot type II / P25 or P25 standard.
            >
            > I don't see that option in the manual... Does this apply to the 396xt?
            >
            > If so, Which one should I use for these two systems?
            >
            > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6133

            System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
              Um... yea.... thanks

              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Eric <knip@...> wrote:

              > kb0gus wrote:
              >
              > > I've been messing around a bit with the different settings and see that there is an option on freescan to program the system type as either Mot type II / P25 or P25 standard.
              > >
              > > I don't see that option in the manual... Does this apply to the 396xt?
              > >
              > > If so, Which one should I use for these two systems?
              > >
              > > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6133
              >
              > System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
              >
              > > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4390
              >
              > System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)

            • gcr33
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4, 2010
                New? Perhaps slightly used or lightly used but it is not new if you have used / programmed it.