Re: [BCD396XT] P25 Systems?

  • mch@nb.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
      RadioReference does list them as P25 systems.

      Joe M.

      On Fri 02/07/10 3:49 PM , Uniden UPMan uniden.upman@... sent:
      > If properly programmed and receiving well, when you press HOLD on
      > either system it should show that system's SysID-SiteID.
      >
      > If it doesn't show, then you aren't getting a good receive of the control
      > channel. As long as these are programmed as P25 (not Motorola), you should
      > be able to receive them.
      >  UPMan
      >

      > ________________________________
      > From: chavalo007 @...>To: BCD3
      > 96XT@yahoogroups.comSent: Fri, July 2, 2010 2:43:10 PM
      > Subject: [BCD396XT] P25 Systems?
      >

      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm trying to setup my BCD396XT to monitor the digital P25 systems Prosper
      > Public Safety system (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6527),
      > and Frisco Public Safety (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6630).
      > I have programmed both systems using FreeSCAN, but unfortunately, I'm not
      > hearing anything. I understand that both are test systems, but from hearing
      > others on the RR forums discuss activity on these systems, I think I'm
      > missing something. Is there anything special I have to do (such as the band plan
      > settings) to hear these systems?
      >
      > Thanks!

      > Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > To change settings online go to:
      >
      > To change settings via email:
      > BCD396XT-digest@yahoogroups.com BCD396XT-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Eric
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
        Sure they do. Just click on the links he provided:

        System Name: Prosper Public Safety
        Location: Prosper, TX
        County: Collin
        System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)

        System Name: Frisco (Project 25)
        Location: Frisco, TX

        mch@... wrote:

        > RadioReference does list them as P25 systems.
        >
        > Joe M.
        >
        > On Fri 02/07/10 3:49 PM , Uniden UPMan uniden.upman@... sent:
        >
        >>If properly programmed and receiving well, when you press HOLD on
        >>either system it should show that system's SysID-SiteID.
        >>
        >>If it doesn't show, then you aren't getting a good receive of the control
        >>channel. As long as these are programmed as P25 (not Motorola), you should
        >>be able to receive them.
        >> UPMan
        >>

        >>________________________________
        >>From: chavalo007 @...>To: BCD3
        >>96XT@yahoogroups.comSent: Fri, July 2, 2010 2:43:10 PM
        >>Subject: [BCD396XT] P25 Systems?
        >>

        >>Hello,
        >>
        >>I'm trying to setup my BCD396XT to monitor the digital P25 systems Prosper
        >>Public Safety system (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6527),
        >>and Frisco Public Safety (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6630).
        >>I have programmed both systems using FreeSCAN, but unfortunately, I'm not
        >>hearing anything. I understand that both are test systems, but from hearing
        >>others on the RR forums discuss activity on these systems, I think I'm
        >>missing something. Is there anything special I have to do (such as the band plan
        >>settings) to hear these systems?
        >>
        >>Thanks!

        >> Your email settings:
        >>Individual Email | Traditional
        >>
        >> To change settings online go to:
        >>
        >> To change settings via email:
        >>BCD396XT-digest@yahoogroups.com BCD396XT-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
        >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
        >>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Patrick - Used 2-Way
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
          Keep in mind if these are Test Systems they might not be fully operational.
          So there might not be any traffic on it yet accept for the occasional
          testing.

          Its common for a system to be up for a long time with little to no traffic
          while the Moto techs tweak and tune it.

          _____________________________________
          Sprint HTC EVO

          AT&T Blackberry PIN 216AB19A

          Blackberry, Treo, Windows Mobile, iPhone Repair
          Motorola 2-Way Radio Service and Technical Consulting

          _____

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
            FYI. Unless you are really close to this system you won't be able to hear them. I
            can barely hear them in McKinney and have only one bar with an outside antenna in
            Sherman.

            Mike

            On Fri Jul 2 15:46 , Eric <knip@...> sent:

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
              That's how I found that they were P25 systems when I confirmed that they were P25 systems.

              But, not sure what your post was intended to say.

              Joe M.

              On Fri 02/07/10 4:46 PM , Eric knip@... sent:
              > Sure they do. Just click on the links he provided:
              >
              > System Name: Prosper Public Safety
              > Location: Prosper, TX
              > County: Collin
              > System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
              >
              > System Name: Frisco (Project 25)
              > Location: Frisco, TX
              > County: Collin
              > System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
              >
              > mch@...
              > wrote:
              > > RadioReference does list them as P25
              > systems.>
              > > Joe M.
              > >
              > > On Fri 02/07/10 3:49 PM , Uniden UPMan uniden
              > .upman@... sent:>
              > >>If properly programmed and receiving well,
              > when you press HOLD on>>either system it should show that system's
              > SysID-SiteID.>>
              > >>If it doesn't show, then you aren't getting a
              > good receive of the control>>channel. As long as these are programmed as
              > P25 (not Motorola), you should>>be able to receive them.
              > >> UPMan
            • Michael Bennett
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
                I'm referring to the Prosper system. The one in Frisco extends out fairly well.

                On Fri Jul 2 17:10 , Michael Bennett <michaelbennett@...> sent:

                > FYI. Unless you are really close to this system you won't be able to hear
                them. I

                >can barely hear them in McKinney and have only one bar with an outside antenna in
                >
                >Sherman.
                >

                >Mike
                >

                >On Fri Jul 2 15:46 , Eric <knip@...> sent:

                >> Sure they do. Just click on the links he provided:
                >

                >>System Name: Prosper Public Safety
                >

                >>Location: Prosper, TX
                >

                >>County: Collin
                >

                >>System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
                >

                >>System Name: Frisco (Project 25)
                >

                >>Location: Frisco, TX
                >

                >>County: Collin
                >

                >>System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
                >

                >>mch@... wrote:
                >

                >>> RadioReference does list them as P25 systems.
                >

                >>> Joe M.
                >

                >>> On Fri 02/07/10 3:49 PM , Uniden UPMan uniden.upman@... sent:

                >---- Msg sent via CableONE.net MyMail - http://www.cableone.net

              • chavalo007
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
                  Ah! Brilliant. OK, when I hit HOLD, I do indeed see the system ID. Good to know I'm receiving it. For any in the area, have you successfully picked up any voice traffic on either the Frisco or Prosper P25 systems? Thanks!

                  Brian

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
                    For new systems, make sure you use ID SEARCH, not ID SCAN, as
                    you may not have many active IDs in your list of TGIDs yet.

                    Joe M.

                    chavalo007 wrote:
                    > Ah! Brilliant. OK, when I hit HOLD, I do indeed see the system ID. Good to know I'm receiving it. For any in the area, have you successfully picked up any voice traffic on either the Frisco or Prosper P25 systems? Thanks!
                    >
                    > Brian
                    >
                    > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Uniden UPMan <uniden.upman@...> wrote:
                    >> If properly programmed and receiving well, when you press HOLD on either system
                    >> it should show that system's SysID-SiteID.
                    >>
                    >> If it doesn't show, then you aren't getting a good receive of the control
                    >> channel. As long as these are programmed as P25 (not Motorola), you should be
                    >> able to receive them.
                    >> Â UPMan

                  • chavalo007
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
                      Thanks for the tip, Joe. Yeah, I do have it on ID SEARCH to catch any new TGIDs. Maybe I ought to leave it on overnight recording to see if I catch anything.

                      Have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July weekend, everyone!

                      -Brian