RE: [BCD396XT] Re: Issue with USB-1 and Arc-xt pro Win7 64-bit

  • Jeff Miller
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2010
      I have the prolific driver working fine in Win 7 Professional 64 Bit on a Dell Desktop PC.  I  attached the install files (as a zip file)  I used if any of you would like it. I have the prolific driver installed and I use both a GRE 500 and the 396XT with it.  I am using all Butel Software myself.   Use the VISTA_INSTALLER!!!

      For the Butel software to work properly under win 7 64 Bit with the prolific drivers I find I have to get the cable plugged in to the USB port and get the beep then start the software.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2010
        Hey Jeff,

        I guess the zip file was stripped off because I didn't receive it.
        I tried the Vista installer from the ScannerMaster website and had the same issue as I reported.

        Have you done a large download of the scanner because I can get it to work for a system sometimes but as a test and origionally during setup I was downloading the entire scanner as it comes loaded from the factory I have also uploaded the latest Uniden firmware to the scanner and that went fine.

        What version of the Arc-xt software are you using?

        Thanks,
        Tim

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2010
          I removed the original programming from the scanner then loaded the systems I wanted in.

          I use the most recent version of ARC-XT from Butel's site.  I will email the ZIP file for the USB-1 Cable  directly to you if you wish.

          From: Tim Woodward <twoodward@...>

          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2010
            Why be bothered with the ARC and Butel. Use freescan and no problems

            I am not an employee or relative but the price is right, the program works and you don't see these issues every day with usb adapters.

            I use a gigaware adapter and it's never an issue.