Re: [BCD396XT] Re: XT version sensitivity?

    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 4, 2009
      That's only a two-step process, though. What I was talking about below
      is a 10-20 step attenuation that could be applied by the user on a
      global scale. IOW, rather than ATT on/off, it would be ATT -20 to +20 in
      say 2 or 4 dB steps. Each channel could have its own offset, too, so
      channels with little to no intermod could be +20 at all times while
      channels that are problems even in rural areas could be set to -20.

      Many times, the 2-step ATT option is not adequate on some scanners. The
      ATT OFF overloads and the ATT ON doesn't have enough sensitivity. Hence
      my desire for user selectable attenuation steps.

      I'm sure it's way too late for this in the XT, but it would be nice to
      see in the future in some upper tier models.

      Joe M.

    • MRI
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 5, 2009
        Or if the storing of multi tones on one freq has been sorted on search and store? This is a problem with the t version. That will be my deciding factor.