Mil Comm

  • ScottC
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 23, 2010
      Hi. I just got my 396xt yesterday, and am starting to lern the ropes of programming and scanning. I want to add military air scanning into the mix. My question is this. What do most peole do, band scan the entire mil air band, or put in freqs that they think they can hear locally?
    • Aaron Siller N5AMS
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 23, 2010
        Personally I would do both if there is a military base near you then put in those listed for that base
        Aaron Siller N5AMS Sent from my BlackBerry� smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 23, 2010
          I dunno. It takes quite some time to SEARCH the MilAir band. While
          you're SEARCHing, you will miss a lot of other things.

          I would just enter known frequencies and use SEARCH on another scanner,
          if you have one, to find new frequencies.

          Joe M.

        • SRehm24416@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 23, 2010
            Searching the whole military air band takes forever so that my be out of the question. Find a good link(s) for military freqs and start there. I have some air to air refueling freqs that are interesting when they are active. Also, major airports simulcast ??? UHF freqs along with the regular VHF ones for any and all military units that may use the airport.

            Aaron Siller N5AMS wrote:
            Personally I would do both if there is a military base near you then put in
            hose listed for that base

            Aaron Siller N5AMS

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 23, 2010
              Thanks to all who responded!