Re: [BCD396XT] Programming bcdxt

  • Richard Victor
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2010
      I'd suggest a premium membership in RadioReference.com. You can then
      use ARC-XT to directly download to ARC-XT the data for the systems that
      you want to program. Assign each conventional system and each trunked
      site a System/Site/Service Quick Key and each group a Group Quick Key.
      Make any other changes that you desire to the data.

      If your computer has a serial port, be sure to enter the number of the
      port that you're using into ARC-XT. If you have no serial port, you'll
      need either a serial to USB adapter or the Uniden USB-1 cable which
      contains an adapter. With either the adapter or the USB-1 be sure to
      install the driver before connecting the cable to your computer. Once
      you've installed the driver and connect the adapter or USB-1, your
      computer will assign a com port number to that device. You should be
      able to find it in Windows Device Manager. Enter that number into ARC-XT.

      You can now transfer the data to your scanner.

      Be sure to save the data so that you can reload it or modify and reload
      it as you desire in the future.

      Dick