Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Custom 10 resolved

  • Richard Victor
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2, 2010
      FreeScan is really a "what you see is what you get" situation. If the
      data isn't there when you arrange it in the program, it isn't going to
      upload to the scanner. You do need to pay attention to the choices that
      are presented as to whether you want to erase everything before doing
      the upload to the scanner or to merely add to what is already in the
      scanner without erasing what's already there. If you make changes and
      upload without erasing, you could end up with duplicate groups in that way.

      It isn't, however, going to create groups on its own. So the likely
      answer is that they got there because you put them there or were there
      as part of the scanner's default configuration.

      On 5/2/2010 8:35 PM, Tom wrote:
      > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Tom"<tl_sven@...> wrote:
      >
      >> I figured it out! In "Freescan" Set Scanner Options, Service Search tab, Search Key 1-3 I set the dropdown above Public safety.Disregard last post!
      >>

      > Problem is I have 85 Channel Groups that I don't know where they came from? Does Freescan/Rr dump them on the download? I? know It comes with pre-loads but I'm not so sure that accounts for the 85 channels that I don't know where they came from.WTF!
    • Anthony
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2, 2010
        The multifunction switch (pot) for the bcd369xt ? I need to replace mine.

      • Paul Opitz
        Message 3 of 14 , May 3, 2010
          You can request the info by posting to:

          http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/PartsRequest

          ________________________________
          The multifunction switch (pot) for the bcd369xt ? I need to replace mine.

        • johnstark@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 14 , May 3, 2010
            If underwarranty its best to let Uniden do it

            John
            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            Message 5 of 14 , May 3, 2010
              Uniden won't pay for repair if the item is damaged due to intentional or accidental damage.
              For example you smack the scroll knob bending the Variable resistor pot and shaft and crack the
              plastic knob. The person is responsible for the repair costs. The Scroll knob stops working
              and has no damage then Uniden pays.

              --
              Best Regards, Keith
              http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/

              > If underwarranty its best to let Uniden do it
              >
              > John
              > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            • Anthony
              Message 6 of 14 , May 3, 2010
                It takes only 15 minutes to replace.

                Message 7 of 14 , May 3, 2010
                  Hence the "if" at the beginning of my response. And as and addition it may be quicker and easier to have Uniden do it and use the proper part etc

                  John
                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                  Uniden won't pay for repair if the item is damaged due to intentional or accidental damage.
                  For example you smack the scroll knob bending the Variable resistor pot and shaft and crack the
                  plastic knob. The person is responsible for the repair costs. The Scroll knob stops working
                  and has no damage then Uniden pays.

                  --
                  Best Regards, Keith
                  http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/

                  > If underwarranty its best to let Uniden do it
                  >
                  > John
                  > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                • Tom
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 3, 2010
                    I did put them there Richard from Service Search tab in Set Scanner Options Dropdown Search keys 1-3. There remains 85 other Groups some unwanted and they must be pre-loads because I'm pretty sure I didn't load them in. I'm wondering, pay for what you get, if Scancat Gold for Windows or ARCXT Pro is the worthy investment and if I can easily edit all these unwanted channels frequencies out. I feel it would be well worth fine tuning the radio excluding unwanted groups and frequencies.Do you favor any software program for this? Which one do you use if you don't mind me asking?

                    Message 9 of 14 , May 4, 2010
                      If that drop down does the same thing as the similar option in the scanner itself, it has nothing to do with the Custom or Service searches being unlocked/locked. That just assigns what function those service quick start keys will have.

                      Without some description of "85 other groups" I can't even begin to guess as to what they are or how they came to be.

                      ________________________________
                      I did put them there Richard from Service Search tab in Set Scanner Options Dropdown Search keys 1-3. There remains 85 other Groups some unwanted and they must be pre-loads because I'm pretty sure I didn't load them in. I'm wondering, pay for what you get, if Scancat Gold for Windows or ARCXT Pro is the worthy investment and if I can easily edit all these unwanted channels frequencies out. I feel it would be well worth fine tuning the radio excluding unwanted groups and frequencies. Do you favor any software program for this? Which one do you use if you don't mind me asking?

                      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroup s.com, Richard Victor <Victor@...> wrote:

                      > FreeScan is really a "what you see is what you get" situation. If the
                      > data isn't there when you arrange it in the program, it isn't going to
                      > upload to the scanner. You do need to pay attention to the choices that
                      > are presented as to whether you want to erase everything before doing
                      > the upload to the scanner or to merely add to what is already in the
                      > scanner without erasing what's already there. If you make changes and
                      > upload without erasing, you could end up with duplicate groups in that way.
                      >
                      > It isn't, however, going to create groups on its own. So the likely
                      > answer is that they got there because you put them there or were there
                      > as part of the scanner's default configuration.
                      >

                      > On 5/2/2010 8:35 PM, Tom wrote:
                      > > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroup s.com, "Tom"<tl_sven@ > wrote:
                      > >
                      > >> I figured it out! In "Freescan" Set Scanner Options, Service Search tab, Search Key 1-3 I set the dropdown above Public safety.Disregard last post!
                      > >>

                      > > Problem is I have 85 Channel Groups that I don't know where they came from? Does Freescan/Rr dump them on the download? I? know It comes with pre-loads but I'm not so sure that accounts for the 85 channels that I don't know where they came from.WTF!

                    • mauimods
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 4, 2010
                        John,
                        The scanner is brand new. The encoder glitches while scrolling up or down the menu. When turning the encoder in one direction the menu would interminently scroll up and down instead of keeping in one direction.

                        Some people can deal with this issue, but it drive me nuts.

                        The encoder is made by TOCOS and is very common in many handheld radios of today. The TOCOS part number is TP70N00AE20.

                        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, johnstark@... wrote:

                        > Hence the "if" at the beginning of my response. And as and addition it may be quicker and easier to have Uniden do it and use the proper part etc
                        >
                        > John
                        > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                      • Richard Victor
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 4, 2010
                          I've heard nothing good about Scancat. I prefer FreeScan and ProScan to
                          ARC-XT although others will rank them different. FreeScan, ProScan or
                          ARC-XT are all capable of easily removing things that you don't want on
                          your scanner, except, of course, for those things that cannot be changed
                          such as the service searches. It's just a matter of removing those
                          things from your database and then telling the program to erase
                          previously loaded systems before uploading to the scanner

                          Message 12 of 14 , May 4, 2010
                            Well if it is new and under warranty send it to Uniden for repair. Shouldn't cost anything except shipping if its a faulty part. You paid for the warranty and may as well use it, plus it could save you down the road if it needs service you will be out of luck since you "opened" it and performed an unauthorized repair.
                            John
                            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T