Re: [BCD396XT] Have scanner

  • johnstark@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 23 , May 2 10:50 AM
      Everything is going to be "manualess" soon. GRE doesn't have a manual for their scanners either and to be honest it makes sense with the newer scanners as they can litteraly change things overnight and update the PDF as quick. Personally I'd rather the money spent on putting a manual together and printed be used for R&D and new system types and features.
      And with a lot of the newer cell phones the PDF is a click or two away and I can read it anywhere.
      John
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Clayton <scan-kc@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, May 1, 2010, 3:23 PM

      I'm well aware this site pertains to the 396XT, however the 996T was one of
      the last models to include a paper manual, therefore it was stated for
      comparison. In addition, if you look at the PDF file you sited, it is meant
      to cover the 4 XT models and has extraneous info that would not need to be
      printed out for a 396XT. Ideally, one would sift through and print out the
      pages necessary for the operation of their model.

      _____

      Message 2 of 23 , May 2 12:38 PM
        IMO, As more current electronics feature flashable firmware, it makes only
        sense to have a online pdf manual to implement the latest's revisions and
        features that are added in the firmware.

      • Tom
        Message 3 of 23 , May 2 1:03 PM
          Owners mannuel is in html on the cd.

          Message 4 of 23 , May 2 6:48 PM
            Be aware of changing any Freescan default settings or you may get stuck with redundant and annoying frequencies, frequency groups! for example Custom 1 -10!

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Pat Johnson <aniceaustinguy@...> wrote:

            > I am downloading freescan now, I'm sure after I figure it out, it will become easy and I have a subscription for radioreference.
            >
            > "The Passion to Help"
            >

            > Pat Johnson
            > Neighborhood Watch Captain
            > 512-680-3190

            > IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, and any attachments, may contain privileged or confidential information under the Texas Public Information Act or other applicable state and federal laws. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.

            > nuts.
            >
            > I suggest having the manual printed at Kinkos

          • Richard Victor
            Message 5 of 23 , May 2 7:16 PM
              I think that the downloadable pdf may be more easily printed. In
              general, htmls don't print particularly well.