RE: [BCD396XT] Have scanner (manual)

  • Eric Noah Hart
    Message 1 of 23 , May 2, 2010
      Personally, I have an iPod touch, and one of the new iPads. I like having
      the manual in PDF format as I can use it literally anywhere that I am when I
      don't know something, or have forgotten how to use a specific function. I
      will go out of the way when I get something new, to find the manual in PDF
      format so that I can keep it with me. As for the size of the BCD396XT
      manual, printed out it would actually be 273 pages, or 137 double sided
      pages (at least the manual that I have which I am using "BCD396XT, The
      Complete Reference", dated May 14, 2009).

      Eric

      _____

      From: BCD396XT@yahoogroup <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
      Message 2 of 23 , May 2, 2010
        The BCD396XT - The Complete Reference is 273 pages, but it's a different
        document than the users' guides. The Uniden Scanner Users Guides are
        downloadable at:

        http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/SiteExport

        Unfortunately, I'm not getting a good download of the pdf at this time.
        Don't know if it's a site problem or on my end.

        My previously downloaded copy of the Users Guides is 1059 pages. Both
        documents are useful, but quite different in content and presentation.

        Dick

      • johnstark@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 23 , May 2, 2010
          Everything is going to be "manualess" soon. GRE doesn't have a manual for their scanners either and to be honest it makes sense with the newer scanners as they can litteraly change things overnight and update the PDF as quick. Personally I'd rather the money spent on putting a manual together and printed be used for R&D and new system types and features.
          And with a lot of the newer cell phones the PDF is a click or two away and I can read it anywhere.
          John
          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          This site pertains to the BCD396XT. In a post dated June 8, 2009, Paul
          Opitz states "Note that the pdf is 1,059 pages if printed."

          http://www.polesoft <http://www.polesoft .com/refer. html> .com/refer.html

        • Anthony
          Message 4 of 23 , May 2, 2010
            IMO, As more current electronics feature flashable firmware, it makes only
            sense to have a online pdf manual to implement the latest's revisions and
            features that are added in the firmware.

          • Tom
            Message 5 of 23 , May 2, 2010
              Owners mannuel is in html on the cd.

              Message 6 of 23 , May 2, 2010
                Be aware of changing any Freescan default settings or you may get stuck with redundant and annoying frequencies, frequency groups! for example Custom 1 -10!

                --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Pat Johnson <aniceaustinguy@...> wrote:

                > I am downloading freescan now, I'm sure after I figure it out, it will become easy and I have a subscription for radioreference.
                >
                > "The Passion to Help"
                >

                > Pat Johnson
                > Neighborhood Watch Captain
                > 512-680-3190

                > IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, and any attachments, may contain privileged or confidential information under the Texas Public Information Act or other applicable state and federal laws. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.

                > nuts.
                >
                > I suggest having the manual printed at Kinkos

              • Richard Victor
                Message 7 of 23 , May 2, 2010
                  I think that the downloadable pdf may be more easily printed. In
                  general, htmls don't print particularly well.