396xt to Computer

  • Gene055
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2010
      I can not get my scanner or computer to connect. I have download the drivers as well as freescan etc.
      Is there something I have to set on the 396xt to be able upload/download etc?

      I am using the USB cable.

      Thanka!
    • Paul Opitz
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2010
        1. Which USB cable?
        2. What COM port is the cable being assigned to?
        3. Did you set FreeScan to use that COM port?

        Scanner COM setting is under "Settings" menu. It is enabled by defaut, so you'd have to have disabled it for it to be the issue.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2010
          Thanks!! It was set to the wrong COM port.
          Gene SmithElite Temporary Housing LLCSmith Condos "A Corporate Housing Company"P O Box 1336Meridian Id 83680Phone 208-629-3877Toll Free 1-888-507-6484Cell 208-841-1997http://www.EliteTemporaryHousing.comhttp://www.SmithCondos.comFax 208-888-9597We can help you with housing Nationwide!

          Message 4 of 4 , May 9, 2010
            EDITED BY MODERATOR (in caps)

            Make sure its set to THE CORRECT COM PORT...and make sure you have the right usb to serial connector. I had one of the Radio Shack adaptors, and it didn't work either. The only one that worked are....[ORIGINAL MESSAGE ENDS HERE]