Re: Newbie 396XT owner

  • n0evh
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 22 4:03 PM
      To the many replies,

      Wow, a great yahoo group. I got the 396 in the brown truck about 3 hours after my first post. I had a flood of good info come in from you all and I read all the posts and your recommendations as fast I as could.

      I loaded freescan and loaded Independence 700 system into the scanner. With that little bit of success I continued to read all your posts.

      Later in the evening my head began to hurt, smile. So just enjoyed the scanner and relaxed.

      Next day I looked at some files you all sent showing me examples of various counties etc and how to do groups. Starting to make sense compared to the old bearcat with channels only.

      Today I tried ID tracker III to begin to see which freqs are active and so on.

      Wow, you all have taken me a long ways in just a matter of a few days. I am really enjoying the scanner and need to now get a good charger and some more batts as I am using them faster than they can charge! That is a good thing.

      Along with all this info I have met a few locals that are really into scanning and I am sure I will continue to learn from them also.

      Thanks so much, hopefully I can return the favor to someone in the future.

      John from Independence Missouri (proud 396XT owner and user)