Re: Using mulitple radios on one antenna

  • shelleysh1@att.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6, 2010
      Not trying to be rude or anything Joey, but I hope you have all three of those antennas well grounded! Wouldn't like to see you, your house and your radios end up crispy critters! Ack! ;)

      Shell
      K0SHL

      (Have all my RG-8 coax from the antennas going into polyphasers and then everything grounded outside.)

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "J Harrell" <scannerman@...> wrote:

      > I am using a fold over pole that allows me to get the antenna up around 30
      > feet in the air. It's a homebrew job that works rather well at the moment.
      > I have my Scantenna ST2 attached to it as well a dipole antenna and VHF
      > antenna for 2meters. I have a tower that was given to me but I have not had
      > chance to put it up yet, hopefully this summer I will get a chance to get it
      > up. If you would like a picture of my mast give a shout off the group at my
      > email address and I will be glad to send it to you.
      >
      > Take care,
      > Joey

    • J Harrell
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6, 2010
        Thanks for replying. The mast itself is buried in the ground about 5feet.
        The scantenna and 2 meter vhf antenna is grounded directly to the fold over
        pole. While this may not be the most appropriate way of doing it I should
        have a ground rod also attached to the pole as well. I was figuring that
        the mast is 5 feet in the ground which is made up of 2 pieces of angle iron
        welded together should be enough ground and I always disconnect my antenna
        feeds where there is a storm.

        Thanks,

        Joey

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com> , "J
        Harrell" <scannerman@...> wrote:

        > I am using a fold over pole that allows me to get the antenna up around 30
        > feet in the air. It's a homebrew job that works rather well at the moment.
        > I have my Scantenna ST2 attached to it as well a dipole antenna and VHF
        > antenna for 2meters. I have a tower that was given to me but I have not
        had
        > chance to put it up yet, hopefully this summer I will get a chance to get
        it
        > up. If you would like a picture of my mast give a shout off the group at
        my
        > email address and I will be glad to send it to you.
        >
        > Take care,
        > Joey

        Behalf