A Programming Question/Help

  • Cris Hanna
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2010
      So I have a PSR 600 mobile and BCD396 XT handheld

      I know that in the P25 systems typically you simply need the control
      channels and the rest is taken care of

      The latest version of PSREdit defaults to just importing the primary and
      alternate CCs for Trunked systems

      I've looked at Freescan and ARC XT PRO

      In FreeScan under Import> Radio Reference > Options

      Enable Control Channel only mode by default

      Only download control channels.

      I didn't find a similar option in ARC XT PRO..anyone?

      Also in PSREdit, Trunking imports defaults to a Roaming with High and Low
      setting to allow you to grab the strongest signal in a multisite/simulcast
      system

      I'm not finding any such options in either FreeScan or ARC XT

      Thanks in advance to help me over the learning curve

    • Paul Opitz
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2010
        The XT models always use Control Channel Only method. No need for an opton.

        Uniden models do not use the same method for scanning multiple sites on a system as PSR models do. With Uniden models, you use either GPS control or SQK assignments to turn on/off the appropriate sites.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2010
          Well I can tell you when I use the FreeScan software in conjunction with Radio Reference, unless I check those boxes, it downloads all channels for a particular site and uploads those to the radios

          Again, still have not located in the ARC XT software, but I also find the ARC XT much more difficult to navigate

          And regarding the multisite…that’s great if you want to spend the money for the GPS receiver or are not driving (don’t want to be pressing buttons while I’m driving.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2010
            Freescan supports multiple generations of scanners, including those which had the option. It does not, however, write the option to an "XT" scanner.

            Since ARC XT only supports the "XT" generation, you won't find that option in it.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 3, 2010
              Cris,
              By default, XT-PRO imports primary and alternate CCs.
              You can change that on the RR Import screen.
              Approximately 1/4 of the way down the screen are 3 tabs.
              The "Trunk Options" tab will let you change what CCs
              are imported.

              Greg