Help with Wright Pat system not needed anymore

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1 2:37 AM
      You gotta Love that FreeSCAN software

      . I went back and checked the WPAFB system one more time and I realized my error. It is now receiving them fine.

      Thanks
                Bill

    • johnstark@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1 6:50 AM
        So what did you find ?

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1 6:40 PM
          Hello all,
          Hope this is not off topic here on this list, if it is please delete it. My
          question is about using one antenna to hook to 3 different scanners. I have
          3 scanners currently hooked up to a Scantenna about 60feet up. I have the
          coax coming into the house and hooked onto a 3 way splitter (tv type). Was
          considering a multicopler as discussed in another post but can see putting
          out that kind of cost at the moment. ($200) I do however have a old UHF/VHF
          distribution amplifier laying around not doing anything. It has one input
          and 4 outputs. I hooked all my radios to this earlier and was able to
          increase signal on my radios as before i was only getting static. I know it
          is not ideal but it seems to work ok for my situation. Main question is by
          using this distribution amplifier would it harm any of my radios by using
          it?
          Amplifier is made by Winston Model 1800
          Anyone know if there would be any harm in using it as it does seem to help
          pull in weak signals just don't want to overload the radios and desense
          them.

          Thanks,
          Joey
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1 7:02 PM
            You should be fine, but be aware that desense and overload are issues
            you will want to keep an eye on.

            Joe M.

            J Harrell wrote:
            > Hello all,
            > Hope this is not off topic here on this list, if it is please delete it. My
            > question is about using one antenna to hook to 3 different scanners. I have
            > 3 scanners currently hooked up to a Scantenna about 60feet up. I have the
            > coax coming into the house and hooked onto a 3 way splitter (tv type). Was
            > considering a multicopler as discussed in another post but can see putting
            > out that kind of cost at the moment. ($200) I do however have a old UHF/VHF
            > distribution amplifier laying around not doing anything. It has one input
            > and 4 outputs. I hooked all my radios to this earlier and was able to
            > increase signal on my radios as before i was only getting static. I know it
            > is not ideal but it seems to work ok for my situation. Main question is by
            > using this distribution amplifier would it harm any of my radios by using
            > it?
            > Amplifier is made by Winston Model 1800
            > Anyone know if there would be any harm in using it as it does seem to help
            > pull in weak signals just don't want to overload the radios and desense
            > them.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Joey

          • john bucki
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1 7:42 PM
              What type mast are you using? I have the same antenna with 30 ft mast would like to go higher if possible

              john

              To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 4 6:06 AM
                I am using a fold over pole that allows me to get the antenna up around 30
                feet in the air. It's a homebrew job that works rather well at the moment.
                I have my Scantenna ST2 attached to it as well a dipole antenna and VHF
                antenna for 2meters. I have a tower that was given to me but I have not had
                chance to put it up yet, hopefully this summer I will get a chance to get it
                up. If you would like a picture of my mast give a shout off the group at my
                email address and I will be glad to send it to you.

                Take care,
                Joey

                To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 6 1:08 AM
                  Not trying to be rude or anything Joey, but I hope you have all three of those antennas well grounded! Wouldn't like to see you, your house and your radios end up crispy critters! Ack! ;)

                  Shell
                  K0SHL

                  (Have all my RG-8 coax from the antennas going into polyphasers and then everything grounded outside.)

                  --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "J Harrell" <scannerman@...> wrote:

                  > I am using a fold over pole that allows me to get the antenna up around 30
                  > feet in the air. It's a homebrew job that works rather well at the moment.
                  > I have my Scantenna ST2 attached to it as well a dipole antenna and VHF
                  > antenna for 2meters. I have a tower that was given to me but I have not had
                  > chance to put it up yet, hopefully this summer I will get a chance to get it
                  > up. If you would like a picture of my mast give a shout off the group at my
                  > email address and I will be glad to send it to you.
                  >
                  > Take care,
                  > Joey

                • J Harrell
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 6 4:58 AM
                    Thanks for replying. The mast itself is buried in the ground about 5feet.
                    The scantenna and 2 meter vhf antenna is grounded directly to the fold over
                    pole. While this may not be the most appropriate way of doing it I should
                    have a ground rod also attached to the pole as well. I was figuring that
                    the mast is 5 feet in the ground which is made up of 2 pieces of angle iron
                    welded together should be enough ground and I always disconnect my antenna
                    feeds where there is a storm.

                    --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com> , "J
                    Harrell" <scannerman@...> wrote:

                    > I am using a fold over pole that allows me to get the antenna up around 30
                    > feet in the air. It's a homebrew job that works rather well at the moment.
                    > I have my Scantenna ST2 attached to it as well a dipole antenna and VHF
                    > antenna for 2meters. I have a tower that was given to me but I have not
                    had
                    > chance to put it up yet, hopefully this summer I will get a chance to get
                    it
                    > up. If you would like a picture of my mast give a shout off the group at
                    my
                    > email address and I will be glad to send it to you.
                    >
                    > Take care,
                    > Joey

                    Behalf