NAC

  • harleyuki
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 29, 2010
      Just got the XT Tuesday and am using FreeScan as the radio's programmer. I downloaded the freqs from my 'T' to FreeScan and then uploaded them to my XT. I need to add the NAC to my APCO-25 conventional freq. Does anyone know how to do this? I've looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find instructions for this. I have also looked thru the menu on the radio but haven't found what I am looking for. What am I doing wrong?

      FreeScan works with both of these scanners flawlessly, I am very happy with this software, it is free but I did make my donation. I've used some of the other programming software and had problems, they may have been my fault but this FreeScan is quite user-friendly.

      Any assistance with the NAC issue would be greatly appreciated!

      Terri aka Harleyuki
    • Upman
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 29, 2010
        http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/EditChannel#Set_CTCSS_DCS

        You need to first set the channel type to Digital.

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "harleyuki" <tsch6373@...> wrote:

        > Just got the XT Tuesday and am using FreeScan as the radio's programmer. I downloaded the freqs from my 'T' to FreeScan and then uploaded them to my XT. I need to add the NAC to my APCO-25 conventional freq. Does anyone know how to do this? I've looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find instructions for this. I have also looked thru the menu on the radio but haven't found what I am looking for. What am I doing wrong?
        >
        > FreeScan works with both of these scanners flawlessly, I am very happy with this software, it is free but I did make my donation. I've used some of the other programming software and had problems, they may have been my fault but this FreeScan is quite user-friendly.
        >
        > Any assistance with the NAC issue would be greatly appreciated!
        >
        > Terri aka Harleyuki

      • Jim Walls
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 29, 2010
          harleyuki wrote:
          > Just got the XT Tuesday and am using FreeScan as the radio's programmer. I downloaded the freqs from my 'T' to FreeScan and then uploaded them to my XT. I need to add the NAC to my APCO-25 conventional freq. Does anyone know how to do this? I've looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find instructions for this. I have also looked thru the menu on the radio but haven't found what I am looking for. What am I doing wrong?

          First of all, you don't HAVE to add the NAC - just as you don't HAVE to
          add a PL for analog operation. It can have a substantial advantage
          however if you have either co-channel or intermod issues.

          That being said, I suspect I know why you can't find the NAC setting in
          FreeScan. Most likely you have the "Simple View" checkbox set in your
          conventional groups. With that checkbox set, you don't see the NAC
          field. NAC is right between "Mod" and "Audio Type" as long as the
          "Simple View" checkbox is NOT set.

          In the scanner itself, you have to set the Audio Type to digital only
          and then it will ask if you want to set the NAC.

          If that does not help, ask for more detail and I should be able to walk
          you through it.

          --
          73
          -------------------------------------
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 29, 2010
            And I bet that "simple view" is the source of 99% of the
            issues/complaints about people not being able to use FreeScan.

            The alert lights are also hidden by the "simple view" setting.

            Joe M.

            Jim Walls wrote:
            > harleyuki wrote:
            >> Just got the XT Tuesday and am using FreeScan as the radio's programmer. I downloaded the freqs from my 'T' to FreeScan and then uploaded them to my XT. I need to add the NAC to my APCO-25 conventional freq. Does anyone know how to do this? I've looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find instructions for this. I have also looked thru the menu on the radio but haven't found what I am looking for. What am I doing wrong?
            >>

            > First of all, you don't HAVE to add the NAC - just as you don't HAVE to
            > add a PL for analog operation. It can have a substantial advantage
            > however if you have either co-channel or intermod issues.
            >
            > That being said, I suspect I know why you can't find the NAC setting in
            > FreeScan. Most likely you have the "Simple View" checkbox set in your
            > conventional groups. With that checkbox set, you don't see the NAC
            > field. NAC is right between "Mod" and "Audio Type" as long as the
            > "Simple View" checkbox is NOT set.
            >
            > In the scanner itself, you have to set the Audio Type to digital only
            > and then it will ask if you want to set the NAC.
            >
            > If that does not help, ask for more detail and I should be able to walk
            > you through it.

          • harleyuki
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 29, 2010

              > And I bet that "simple view" is the source of 99% of the
              > issues/complaints about people not being able to use FreeScan.
              >
              > The alert lights are also hidden by the "simple view" setting.
              >
              > Joe M.
              >
              > Jim Walls wrote:
              > > harleyuki wrote:
              > >> Just got the XT Tuesday and am using FreeScan as the radio's programmer. I downloaded the freqs from my 'T' to FreeScan and then uploaded them to my XT. I need to add the NAC to my APCO-25 conventional freq. Does anyone know how to do this? I've looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find instructions for this. I have also looked thru the menu on the radio but haven't found what I am looking for. What am I doing wrong?
              > >>

              > > First of all, you don't HAVE to add the NAC - just as you don't HAVE to
              > > add a PL for analog operation. It can have a substantial advantage
              > > however if you have either co-channel or intermod issues.
              > >
              > > That being said, I suspect I know why you can't find the NAC setting in
              > > FreeScan. Most likely you have the "Simple View" checkbox set in your
              > > conventional groups. With that checkbox set, you don't see the NAC
              > > field. NAC is right between "Mod" and "Audio Type" as long as the
              > > "Simple View" checkbox is NOT set.
              > >
              > > In the scanner itself, you have to set the Audio Type to digital only
              > > and then it will ask if you want to set the NAC.
              > >
              > > If that does not help, ask for more detail and I should be able to walk
              > > you through it.

              Thank you all for your responses. Jim Walls, I followed your instructions and I have the NAC code in! Easier than I thought it would be. I had been getting interference from another user on one of the 3 digital freqs and that's why I wanted to have the NAC code. One of my systems is mixed VHF/UHF conventional and digital. Working just fine now. Again, I appreciate all of your responses!
              73s, Terri aka Harleyuki

            • harleyuki
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 29, 2010
                Paul,
                Thanks for the link, which I have printed. There are other items in the link that I'm sure I will be using. I have the NAC code entered. Maybe I should not have said that I 'need'ed to enter that code, I have all my freqs coded either by CTCSS or DCS, didn't know about NAC until I got the XT. I'm very happy with the XT but I know that I have a lot to learn so I get the most from its abundance of features.
                Terri aka Harleyuki

                --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Upman" <uniden.upman@...> wrote:

                > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/EditChannel#Set_CTCSS_DCS
                >
                > You need to first set the channel type to Digital.
                >
                > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "harleyuki" <tsch6373@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Just got the XT Tuesday and am using FreeScan as the radio's programmer. I downloaded the freqs from my 'T' to FreeScan and then uploaded them to my XT. I need to add the NAC to my APCO-25 conventional freq. Does anyone know how to do this? I've looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find instructions for this. I have also looked thru the menu on the radio but haven't found what I am looking for. What am I doing wrong?
                > >
                > > FreeScan works with both of these scanners flawlessly, I am very happy with this software, it is free but I did make my donation. I've used some of the other programming software and had problems, they may have been my fault but this FreeScan is quite user-friendly.
                > >
                > > Any assistance with the NAC issue would be greatly appreciated!
                > >
                > > Terri aka Harleyuki

              • harleyuki
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 29, 2010
                  To Joe M.
                  I don't know that I had 'Simple View' set on FreeScan. I'd downloaded my freqs from my 'T' to FreeScan and since the 'T' didn't have an option for NAC, it didn't show in that field. I found the code when I was looking at RR, copied it and then . . . well, thanks to all of your responses, I have the code in my XT.
                  73s, Terri aka Harleyuki

                • dmascarella@ymail.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 30, 2010
                    I want to thank all of you for this info. I have been trying to figure this out for months now! I never even noticed the "Simple View" check box on FreeScan.

                    -Don KA9RXK
                  • glg-swl7687@comcast.net
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 10, 2012
                      Hello,

                      How do I turn on the NAC decode setting?

                      Thanks,

                      Greg
                    • David
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 10, 2012
                        P25 NAC Option (P25-1Tr only) allows you to have the scanner search for NAC codes or you can program a specific code for the system.
                        Scroll to 'P25 NAC Option' and press E/yes.
                        Scroll to one of two settings and press E/yes.
                        Search- The scanner opens squelch for any digital signal and displays the NAC being used.
                        Set P25 NAC- The scanner opens squelch only for signals that include the programmed NAC.
                        At 'Input P25 NAC' see Entering Text

                        <http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml#program moto system>

                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 10, 2012
                          Program the channel as digital and set the audio option to
                          NAC SEARCH or the specific NAC code you want to hear.

                          Joe M.

                          glg-swl7687@... wrote:
                          > Hello,
                          >
                          > How do I turn on the NAC decode setting?
                          >
                          > Thanks,
                          >
                          > Greg

                        • Bill
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 9, 2013
                            Maine has a Sheriff's Dept. listed under York County that uses VHF High Band frequencies. It appears to be a conventional system with possibly one exception... One of the frequencies listed uses a NAC type of PL. My question is does this frequency need to be programmed as a single channel trunked system? Or do I just plug in the NAC code under the column provided in my Butel ARCXT PRO software under a conventional system along with the rest of the conventional frequencies? I do not live in the area, only visiting a couple of times a year and won't be back until next summer. I just like to have my 396XT programmed before I leave home instead of waiting until I arrive. I then either verify that RADIOREFERENCE data is good, (provided I didn't make a programming mistake) or its in need of a correction notification consideration. But my question is general in nature... The fact that the software allows for a seperate heading for NAC, instead of grouping it in with the CTCSS and Digital Codes causes the concern. For some reason NAC is not treated in the same fashion.

                            Bill
                          • kirkfdny23
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 10, 2013

                               Hi Bill...

                              Niagara Falls Ontario Fire has the same sort of set up..

                              Enter it as a CONVENTIONAL SYSTEM...enter the Freq 15X.XXXX...then go to SET AUDIO TYPE..choose DIGITAL ONLY..then SET P25 NAC..& enter the NAC code and you are all set.  I noticed a Sheriff's P25 chanel...York FD & Kittery FD both have Tac P25 chans. & Biddeford PD & FD too have P25 chans.  I am wondering if this is for INTER-Op Comms with N.H. Rockingham Depts?

                              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, <bcd396xt@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

                            • blastdad51

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 14, 2013

                                    Www.radio reference.com

                                    Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Sep 14, 2013
                                      That's just one place, and not always the best for race frequencies, there are better choices in this case.

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Sep 14, 2013

                                        Race officials do NOT use NexTel, they are TRBO.

                                        /\/\|k.e