Freescan error message?

  • Bill, NC1L
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 27, 2010
      Hi All:

      Just downloaded freescan and when I went to install it, it gave me a box
      with a message saying Freescan has encountered a problem and needs to close,
      Sorry for any inconvenience.

      I cleared and did it a few times and got the same result.

      Anyone else have this or know what is happening?

      73

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 27, 2010
        Odd thing, I just tried to install Proscan and I got the same error message.

        Bill

        _____

        <mailto:4bad56a4.a213f30a.484d.298cSMTPIN_ADDED%40mx.google.com>
        484d.298cSMTPIN_ADDED@...>
        about New announcement: FreeSCAN 0.9I Available wrote:

        This new version incorporates bug fixes, new features and improvements.

        FreeSCAN 0.9I
        ===========

        .9I
        -----------------

        --

        Best Regards, Keith

        http://home. <http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/>
        comcast.net/~kilowattradio/

      • Mario Prat
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 27, 2010
          It works perfectly for me. I use Windows XP.

        • Derek Helling
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 27, 2010
            I just installed v0.9I and it works fine, (on XP SP 3)
            Did you uninstall your previous version first ?

            Derek

            2010/3/27, Bill, NC1L <nc1l@sbcglobal. net>:

            > Hi All:

            > Just downloaded freescan and when I went to install it, it gave me a box

            > with a message saying Freescan has encountered a problem and needs to close,

            > Sorry for any inconvenience.

            > I cleared and did it a few times and got the same result.

            > Anyone else have this or know what is happening?

            > 73

            > _____

          • Mel
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 27, 2010
              Reboot your computer.

              Mel

              On 3/27/2010 4:15 PM, Bill, NC1L wrote:
              > Odd thing, I just tried to install Proscan and I got the same error message.
              >

              > Bill
              >

              > _____

            • johnstark
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 27, 2010
                Shouldn't need to uninstal old version first.

                I just installed v0.9I and it works fine, (on XP SP 3)
                Did you uninstall your previous version first ?

                Derek

                It works perfectly for me. I use Windows XP.

                2010/3/27, Bill, NC1L <nc1l@sbcglobal. net>:

                > Hi All:

                > Just downloaded freescan and when I went to install it, it gave me a box

                > with a message saying Freescan has encountered a problem and needs to
                > close,

                > Sorry for any inconvenience.

                > I cleared and did it a few times and got the same result.

                > Anyone else have this or know what is happening?

                > 73

                > _____

              • TxLevi
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 28, 2010
                  I had to first uninstall in Win 7.

                  Shouldn't need to uninstal old version first.

                  I just installed v0.9I and it works fine, (on XP SP 3)
                  Did you uninstall your previous version first ?

                  Derek

                  It works perfectly for me. I use Windows XP.

                  2010/3/27, Bill, NC1L <nc1l@sbcglobal. net>:

                  > Hi All:

                  > Just downloaded freescan and when I went to install it, it gave me a box

                  > with a message saying Freescan has encountered a problem and needs to
                  > close,

                  > Sorry for any inconvenience.

                  > I cleared and did it a few times and got the same result.

                  > Anyone else have this or know what is happening?

                  > 73

                  > _____

                • Bill, NC1L
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 28, 2010
                    Hi Mel:

                    Thanks but I did that. I evven found a site that gave me a "fix" for it, but
                    it did not work.

                    Since Freescan and Proscan both give me this message I suspect it is more of
                    a windoze issue. I recently recovered from a serious virus hit and, while it
                    is back working, I think it may have wreaked havoc on some of the programs
                    in the computer and I had to clean them off and reinstall them, and I think
                    windows is what I might need to reinstall. If not, a complete reformat may
                    be needed.

                    Anyway, thanks for replying

                    BIll

                    _____

                    > Odd thing, I just tried to install Proscan and I got the same error
                    message.

                    > Bill
                    >

                    > _____

                  • jack sprat