Re: [BCD396XT] Curiosity question...

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 26, 2010
      And the antennas they use are usually compact beam (Yagi) antennas to
      get a bearing on the signal. I personally would favor a DF antenna array
      (typically four antennas in a 'square' spaced about 18" apart on each
      leg) which will give you an instant bearing without the need to sweep
      the antenna around.

      Arrow Antenna is one company that makes the handheld antennas.

      Joe M.