backlight mode squelch

  • Corey
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 23, 2010
      So I set the backlight mode to squelch. I thought that this would mean that the backlight comes on when the squelch is open, and then would turn off when the squelch closes. It doesn't seem to work this way though. It only stays on for a view seconds and then turns off. Is there any way to have the backlight stay on until the squelch is closed?
    • g_hasley
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 24, 2010
        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Corey" <doctor_who45@...> wrote:

        > So I set the backlight mode to squelch. I thought that this would mean that the backlight comes on when the squelch is open, and then would turn off when the squelch closes. It doesn't seem to work this way though. It only stays on for a view seconds and then turns off. Is there any way to have the backlight stay on until the squelch is closed?

        No setting that I know of, it would nice though..
      • bigfella237
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 24, 2010
          I agree, it would be nice if the backlight stayed on until the squelch closed again.

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "g_hasley" <g_hasley@...> wrote:

          > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Corey" <doctor_who45@> wrote:
          > >
          > > So I set the backlight mode to squelch. I thought that this would mean that the backlight comes on when the squelch is open, and then would turn off when the squelch closes. It doesn't seem to work this way though. It only stays on for a view seconds and then turns off. Is there any way to have the backlight stay on until the squelch is closed?
          > >
          > No setting that I know of, it would nice though..

        • Elmer
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 25, 2010
            I was also very disappointed to see the light only flicker when the
            squelch opens.

            By the time you look toward the radio, the light is out rendering the
            feature nearly useless.

            Looks like something for the software update list.