Re: Any news of release on the 396XT?

  • nocreativety
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
      It looks like we finally have an announcement from Upman. Quote:

      We expect to start shipping units out to our distributors the last week
      of March.

      How long it takes to make it through the supply chain and into dealers
      hands is unknown...but usually just a couple of days.

      All distributors will get the product at about the same time (we'll ship
      to all distributors simultaneously). I have no way of knowing which
      dealer will be first to have inventory.

      You can stop hitting "REFRESH" now.

    • randybcd396t
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
        According to UPMan on the RR forum:

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmccorm@...> wrote:

        > I would think the XT would be getting close to being released. Any
        > word yet?

      • dxradio2003
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
          Uniden Paul says last week of March it will be sent to vendors and
          probably a couple of days beyond to start shipping.

          ---bob
        • Jason W. Watts
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
            Great! My 30th birthday will be at the end of March, so it'll be a perfect birthday gift for me to get myself! :-)

            Jason W. Watts
            Uniden Paul says last week of March it will be sent to vendors and
            probably a couple of days beyond to start shipping.

            ---bob

          • David McCormick
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
              Awesome news! Thanks everyone.
              I've got one on order from Hamstation now.

              randybcd396t wrote:

              > According to UPMan on the RR forum:
              >
              > We expect to start shipping units out to our distributors the last
              > week of March.
              >
              > How long it takes to make it through the supply chain and into dealers
              > hands is unknown...but usually just a couple of days.
              >
              > All distributors will get the product at about the same time (we'll
              > ship to all distributors simultaneously). I have no way of knowing
              > which dealer will be first to have inventory.
              >
              > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > "Dave" <dmccorm@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I would think the XT would be getting close to being released. Any
              > > word yet?

            • Frank Leidy
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
                I thought I was the only one who bought themselves something for
                birthdays/holidays. At least that way I know I'm getting someone something
                they want. :)

                Mine's on order from Communication Electronics.

                Frank