Quick Keys

  • Fred Halley
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 8, 2010
      I've owned many scanners over the years but the "Quick Keys" on the last few models of the Uniden devices have me a little baffled.

      Can I assume that the "quick keys" on the 396XT and the 996XT operate the same?
      The "quick keys" can be used at a system and a Group level for including or excluding stuff? Can the "quick keys" be assigned to a system, a group, and a frequency simultaneously? Let's say I have 20 systems with 20 groups in each system.
      If I assign a quick key to a system will all the groups in the system be controlled by that key? If I was scanning 20 systems and heard something on one system that I wanted to listen to would I need to "lock out" the remaining 19 systems or is there another way to scan just one system or group?

      MEDIC128

      ------------------Confidentiality Notice----------------------------

      This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use
      of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is
      proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
      applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
      distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or
      agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient,
      or if you have received this communication in error,please notify the
      Healthcare Association of NYS by return e-mail or by calling
      518-431-7600 and destroy all copies of the original message.

    • Richard A. Victor
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 8, 2010
        See below...

        At 01:02 PM 3/8/2010, you wrote:
        >I've owned many scanners over the years but the "Quick Keys" on the
        >last few models of the Uniden devices have me a little baffled.
        >
        >Can I assume that the "quick keys" on the 396XT and the 996XT
        >operate the same?

        Yes

        >The "quick keys" can be used at a system and a Group level for
        >including or excluding stuff?

        Right

        >Can the "quick keys" be assigned to a system, a group, and a
        >frequency simultaneously?

        The System/Site Quick Keys (SQKs) for conventional systems are at the
        system level, but for trunking systems, they are at the site level.

        There are also Group Quick Keys at the group level of both
        conventional and trunked systems.

        There are no frequency quick keys.

        >Let's say I have 20 systems with 20 groups in each system. If I
        >assign a quick key to a system will all the groups in the system be
        >controlled by that key?

        Yes. Toggling that SQK will toggle the entire system active/inactive.

        >If I was scanning 20 systems and heard something on one system that
        >I wanted to listen to would I need to "lock out" the remaining 19
        >systems or is there another way to scan just one system or group?

        If you press and hold the Hold key, it will be in System Hold and
        will stay on that system. You could then use the GQKs to narrow down
        the particular group that you wanted to stay on.

        You can have 100 different SQKs, but each system only has 10
        GQKs. You can assign more than one system/site to a SQK and more
        than one group to a GQK.

        There's a wiki article here that may be helpful:

        http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Systems,_Sites_and_Groups

        Dick

        >MEDIC128
        >

        >------------------Confidentiality Notice----------------------------
        >
        >This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use
        >of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is
        >proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
        >applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
        >distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or
        >agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient,
        >or if you have received this communication in error,please notify the
        >Healthcare Association of NYS by return e-mail or by calling
        >518-431-7600 and destroy all copies of the original message.

      • azintrepid
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 15, 2015

          Will the BCD396xt work without addining Quick Keys?

          Dennis

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 15, 2015
            Yes.

            Joe M.

            On 4/15/2015 10:07 AM, dennisburgett@... [BCD396XT] wrote:

            > Will the BCD396xt work without addining Quick Keys?
            >
            > Dennis
            >

            > No virus found in this message.

          • Dennis Burgett
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 15, 2015
              Thank you, Joe

              On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 7:31 AM, MCH mch@... [BCD396XT] <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Yes.

              Joe M.

              On 4/15/2015 10:07 AM, dennisburgett@... [BCD396XT] wrote:

              > Will the BCD396xt work without addining Quick Keys?
              >
              > Dennis
              >

              > No virus found in this message.

            • Uniden UPMan
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 15, 2015
                I'll add, though, that if you have multiple systems you want to easily turn on/off independently, not having Quick Keys is going to make that much more difficult.

                UpMan

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 15, 2015
                  Thank you Upman.  I haven't read up on how quick keys work yet.  Is using quick keys easier than using lockout on the scanner?
                  Dennis

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 15, 2015
                    They aren't much easier than lockouts to disable Systems,
                    but they are a whole lot easier to (re)enable Systems.

                    Joe M.