Re: [BCD396XT] Any news of release on the 396XT?

  • Mike Iszak
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 11, 2009
      Considering all the hype last year, I'm VERY disapointed at Uniden for at the VERY least announcing a release date. Instead, people who were 'holding out' for the XT are probably getting frustrated and looking elsewhere.

      I would say if we don't have 5 mega wa...er...a release date of around mid-may, the XT is going to loose a lot of intetrest.

      Why announce a product a year (or whatever it's been...) in advance, and only tease us with a product manual?
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 11, 2009
        On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 07:15, johnstark <johnstark@...> wrote:
        > When it's released it will be posted here.....

        Of course, but even those of us who have been patient see that there
        are only about 6-7 weeks left in Q1 .... :-)

        OK, not so patient. :-)

      • johnstark
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 11, 2009
          A year??? It hasn't been 6 months yet, which BTW is the normal time prior to
          release that Uniden makes an announcement, and considering they said it
          should be the 1st QUARTER of 2009 which, in their terms isn't even here yet
          and gone yet! So you'll just have to sit tight and stop whinning, at least
          until after the 1st Quarter is over or they make the release announcement.
          Of course since it was announced there has been one thing that could hold
          things up... the economy, who knows if or how it will affect things.

          So just hold on, 1Q 09 isn't done yet!

          > Considering all the hype last year, I'm VERY disapointed at Uniden for at
          > the VERY least announcing a release date. Instead, people who were
          > 'holding out' for the XT are probably getting frustrated and looking
          > elsewhere.
          >
          > I would say if we don't have 5 mega wa...er...a release date of around
          > mid-may, the XT is going to loose a lot of intetrest.
          >
          > Why announce a product a year (or whatever it's been...) in advance, and
          > only tease us with a product manual?

        • Matthew A. Zinicola
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 11, 2009
            I, for one, have a much different perspective on this. I think it's
            fantastic that we get as much information as we do before a product's
            release and have a direct line of communcation with the product manager
            for Uniden scanners. To be as well informed as we are (having feature
            comparisons, photos, AN OWNER'S MANUAL!) before the product is released to
            market makes us VERY well informed shoppers.

            There could be dozens of reasons why certain details have not become
            public yet. Corporations have to have all of their ducks in a row before
            certain milestones can be achieved. Not to mention, in this economic
            climate, securing reliable supply chains can be difficult, too.

            Sit back, relax, and keep your eye on your inbox. I'm sure you (and the
            rest of us) will know the moment something is able to be announced
            publicly, thanks to UPMan.

            Q12009 is not over yet.

            - Matt
            N3LLO/WQJA763
          • kayi4cle
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 11, 2009
              Me, I'd rather they just take their time and "get it right." I like
              knowing about it in advance, and I will be just as excited and
              interested when it gets here, however long that takes.

              You should have gotten a Pro-106 during the December giveaway, er sale,
              so you'd have something to play with while you wait:-) (And, in my
              case, make me appreciate the 396XT all the more when it finally
              arrives.)

              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Iszak" <miszak@...> wrote:

              > Considering all the hype last year, I'm VERY disapointed at Uniden
              for at the VERY least announcing a release date. Instead, people who
              were 'holding out' for the XT are probably getting frustrated and
              looking elsewhere.

              > I would say if we don't have 5 mega wa...er...a release date of
              around mid-may, the XT is going to loose a lot of intetrest.

              > Why announce a product a year (or whatever it's been...) in advance,
              and only tease us with a product manual?
            • nocreativety
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
                It looks like we finally have an announcement from Upman. Quote:

                We expect to start shipping units out to our distributors the last week
                of March.

                How long it takes to make it through the supply chain and into dealers
                hands is unknown...but usually just a couple of days.

                All distributors will get the product at about the same time (we'll ship
                to all distributors simultaneously). I have no way of knowing which
                dealer will be first to have inventory.

                You can stop hitting "REFRESH" now.

              • randybcd396t
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
                  According to UPMan on the RR forum:

                  --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmccorm@...> wrote:

                  > I would think the XT would be getting close to being released. Any
                  > word yet?

                • dxradio2003
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
                    Uniden Paul says last week of March it will be sent to vendors and
                    probably a couple of days beyond to start shipping.

                    ---bob
                  • Jason W. Watts
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
                      Great! My 30th birthday will be at the end of March, so it'll be a perfect birthday gift for me to get myself! :-)

                      Jason W. Watts
                      Uniden Paul says last week of March it will be sent to vendors and
                      probably a couple of days beyond to start shipping.

                      ---bob

                    • David McCormick
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
                        Awesome news! Thanks everyone.
                        I've got one on order from Hamstation now.

                        randybcd396t wrote:

                        > According to UPMan on the RR forum:
                        >
                        > We expect to start shipping units out to our distributors the last
                        > week of March.
                        >
                        > How long it takes to make it through the supply chain and into dealers
                        > hands is unknown...but usually just a couple of days.
                        >
                        > All distributors will get the product at about the same time (we'll
                        > ship to all distributors simultaneously). I have no way of knowing
                        > which dealer will be first to have inventory.
                        >
                        > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>,
                        > "Dave" <dmccorm@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I would think the XT would be getting close to being released. Any
                        > > word yet?

                      • Frank Leidy
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
                          I thought I was the only one who bought themselves something for
                          birthdays/holidays. At least that way I know I'm getting someone something
                          they want. :)

                          Mine's on order from Communication Electronics.

                          Frank