RE: [BCD396XT] Mount for BCD396XT?

  • jack sprat
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
      There's also a guy on ebay that sells scanner cradles. I believe he has a vent cradle, passenger seat neck mount, and a suction cup.

      http://stores.ebay.com/MF-X2

      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      From: richardyoo@...
      Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:02:27 -0600
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Mount for BCD396XT?

      I bought a universal cradle with a goose-neck mount that attaches to the

      passenger seat bolt like this one:

      http://amzn.com/B000IR6T2S

      And it looks like they make a suction mount version too for the windshield:

      http://amzn.com/B000BFHEFI

      If you use either of these, you'll most likely have to unscrew the belt-clip

      swivel off the back of the scanner as I had too.

      Another alternative would be to get some peices from pro-clip for your

      specific vehicle and use the mic mount like John recommended:

      http://www.proclipusa.com/

      But in my experience, the proclip stuff may not handle the weight of the 396

      very well - but at really depends on the specific mount due to the way they

      attach to the car - some work better than others.

      -Richard, N5YOO

      ---

      Visit my blog at http://www.richardyoo.com

      Share your photos at http://www.natuba.com