Re: [BCD396XT] Mount for BCD396XT?

  • Richard Yoo
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
      Looks like the one I suggested it just like that and $10 cheaper... ;)

      -Richard, N5YOO
      ---
      Visit my blog at http://www.richardyoo.com
      Share your photos at http://www.natuba.com

      On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Brian Hall <bhall007@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Michael! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Are you attaching the
      > mount to the BCD396XT's swivel clip or to the scanner itself?

    • jack sprat
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
        There's also a guy on ebay that sells scanner cradles. I believe he has a vent cradle, passenger seat neck mount, and a suction cup.

        http://stores.ebay.com/MF-X2

        To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
        From: richardyoo@...
        Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:02:27 -0600
        Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Mount for BCD396XT?

        I bought a universal cradle with a goose-neck mount that attaches to the

        passenger seat bolt like this one:

        http://amzn.com/B000IR6T2S

        And it looks like they make a suction mount version too for the windshield:

        http://amzn.com/B000BFHEFI

        If you use either of these, you'll most likely have to unscrew the belt-clip

        swivel off the back of the scanner as I had too.

        Another alternative would be to get some peices from pro-clip for your

        specific vehicle and use the mic mount like John recommended:

        http://www.proclipusa.com/

        But in my experience, the proclip stuff may not handle the weight of the 396

        very well - but at really depends on the specific mount due to the way they

        attach to the car - some work better than others.

        -Richard, N5YOO

        ---

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
          I use a mic hanger with automotive double-backed tape (double sided) on
          my dash so my antenna is sticking up above the top of the dash.

          I'll have to get a pic of it.

          Joe M.