Re: [BCD396XT] Mount for BCD396XT?

  • Richard Yoo
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2 4:02 PM
      I bought a universal cradle with a goose-neck mount that attaches to the
      passenger seat bolt like this one:

      http://amzn.com/B000IR6T2S

      And it looks like they make a suction mount version too for the windshield:

      http://amzn.com/B000BFHEFI

      If you use either of these, you'll most likely have to unscrew the belt-clip
      swivel off the back of the scanner as I had too.

      Another alternative would be to get some peices from pro-clip for your
      specific vehicle and use the mic mount like John recommended:

      http://www.proclipusa.com/

      But in my experience, the proclip stuff may not handle the weight of the 396
      very well - but at really depends on the specific mount due to the way they
      attach to the car - some work better than others.

      -Richard, N5YOO
      ---
      Visit my blog at http://www.richardyoo.com
      Share your photos at http://www.natuba.com

      On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM, <johnstark@...> wrote:

      > Mic holder
      >
      > John

    • Michael Bennett
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2 6:56 PM
        The antenna fits in one end of the slot and the bottom pops in the bottom vertically. I think it is designed to be used horizontal with the GPS unit. I've never had a problem with the suction cup coming loose from the window either.

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 2 7:58 PM
          Looks like the one I suggested it just like that and $10 cheaper... ;)

          -Richard, N5YOO
          ---

          On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Brian Hall <bhall007@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Michael! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Are you attaching the
          > mount to the BCD396XT's swivel clip or to the scanner itself?

        • jack sprat
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 2 9:46 PM
            There's also a guy on ebay that sells scanner cradles. I believe he has a vent cradle, passenger seat neck mount, and a suction cup.

            http://stores.ebay.com/MF-X2

            To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
            From: richardyoo@...
            Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:02:27 -0600

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 2 10:42 PM
              I use a mic hanger with automotive double-backed tape (double sided) on
              my dash so my antenna is sticking up above the top of the dash.

              I'll have to get a pic of it.

              Joe M.