Re: [BCD396XT] Mount for BCD396XT?

  • johnstark@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
      Mic holder

      John
      ------Original Message------
      From: chavalo007
      Sender: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      ReplyTo: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Mount for BCD396XT?
      Sent: Mar 2, 2010 17:26

      Is anyone aware of a good windshield or other type of mount for the BCD396XT?

      Thanks!

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
    • Richard Yoo
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
        I bought a universal cradle with a goose-neck mount that attaches to the
        passenger seat bolt like this one:

        http://amzn.com/B000IR6T2S

        And it looks like they make a suction mount version too for the windshield:

        http://amzn.com/B000BFHEFI

        If you use either of these, you'll most likely have to unscrew the belt-clip
        swivel off the back of the scanner as I had too.

        Another alternative would be to get some peices from pro-clip for your
        specific vehicle and use the mic mount like John recommended:

        http://www.proclipusa.com/

        But in my experience, the proclip stuff may not handle the weight of the 396
        very well - but at really depends on the specific mount due to the way they
        attach to the car - some work better than others.

        -Richard, N5YOO
        ---
        Visit my blog at http://www.richardyoo.com
        Share your photos at http://www.natuba.com

        On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM, <johnstark@...> wrote:

        > Mic holder
        >
        > John

      • chavalo007
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
          John,

          Could you elaborate on what you mean by "mic holder?"

          Thanks!

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, johnstark@... wrote:

          > Mic holder
          >
          > John
        • Michael Bennett
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
            I have one of these and it works great. It's actually a GPS mount but happens to fit the 396. Available at Radio Shack. Check out the link below.

            http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3115016

            Is anyone aware of a good windshield or other type of mount for the BCD396XT?

            Thanks!

          • Tim Smith
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010

            • johnstark@earthlink.net
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
                Like a CB radio mic clip - that's what I use in the trucks and car

                John
                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
                  Thanks Michael! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Are you attaching the
                  mount to the BCD396XT's swivel clip or to the scanner itself?

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
                    The antenna fits in one end of the slot and the bottom pops in the bottom vertically. I think it is designed to be used horizontal with the GPS unit. I've never had a problem with the suction cup coming loose from the window either.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
                      Looks like the one I suggested it just like that and $10 cheaper... ;)

                      -Richard, N5YOO
                      ---

                      On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Brian Hall <bhall007@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks Michael! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Are you attaching the
                      > mount to the BCD396XT's swivel clip or to the scanner itself?

                    • jack sprat
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
                        There's also a guy on ebay that sells scanner cradles. I believe he has a vent cradle, passenger seat neck mount, and a suction cup.

                        http://stores.ebay.com/MF-X2

                        To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                        From: richardyoo@...
                        Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:02:27 -0600

                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
                          I use a mic hanger with automotive double-backed tape (double sided) on
                          my dash so my antenna is sticking up above the top of the dash.

                          I'll have to get a pic of it.

                          Joe M.