Mount for BCD396XT?

  • chavalo007
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
      Is anyone aware of a good windshield or other type of mount for the BCD396XT?

      Thanks!
    • johnstark@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
        Mic holder

        John
        Is anyone aware of a good windshield or other type of mount for the BCD396XT?

        Thanks!

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
      • Richard Yoo
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
          I bought a universal cradle with a goose-neck mount that attaches to the
          passenger seat bolt like this one:

          http://amzn.com/B000IR6T2S

          And it looks like they make a suction mount version too for the windshield:

          http://amzn.com/B000BFHEFI

          If you use either of these, you'll most likely have to unscrew the belt-clip
          swivel off the back of the scanner as I had too.

          Another alternative would be to get some peices from pro-clip for your
          specific vehicle and use the mic mount like John recommended:

          http://www.proclipusa.com/

          But in my experience, the proclip stuff may not handle the weight of the 396
          very well - but at really depends on the specific mount due to the way they
          attach to the car - some work better than others.

          -Richard, N5YOO
          ---
          Visit my blog at http://www.richardyoo.com
          Share your photos at http://www.natuba.com

          On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM, <johnstark@...> wrote:

          > Mic holder
          >
          > John

        • chavalo007
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
            John,

            Could you elaborate on what you mean by "mic holder?"

            Thanks!

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, johnstark@... wrote:

            > Mic holder
            >
            > John
          • Michael Bennett
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
              I have one of these and it works great. It's actually a GPS mount but happens to fit the 396. Available at Radio Shack. Check out the link below.

              http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3115016

              Is anyone aware of a good windshield or other type of mount for the BCD396XT?

              Thanks!

            • Tim Smith
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010

              • johnstark@earthlink.net
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
                  Like a CB radio mic clip - that's what I use in the trucks and car

                  John
                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
                    Thanks Michael! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Are you attaching the
                    mount to the BCD396XT's swivel clip or to the scanner itself?

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
                      The antenna fits in one end of the slot and the bottom pops in the bottom vertically. I think it is designed to be used horizontal with the GPS unit. I've never had a problem with the suction cup coming loose from the window either.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
                        Looks like the one I suggested it just like that and $10 cheaper... ;)

                        -Richard, N5YOO
                        ---

                        On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Brian Hall <bhall007@...> wrote:

                        > Thanks Michael! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Are you attaching the
                        > mount to the BCD396XT's swivel clip or to the scanner itself?

                      • jack sprat
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
                          There's also a guy on ebay that sells scanner cradles. I believe he has a vent cradle, passenger seat neck mount, and a suction cup.

                          http://stores.ebay.com/MF-X2

                          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                          From: richardyoo@...
                          Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:02:27 -0600

                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 2, 2010
                            I use a mic hanger with automotive double-backed tape (double sided) on
                            my dash so my antenna is sticking up above the top of the dash.

                            I'll have to get a pic of it.

                            Joe M.