Any news of release on the 396XT?

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 11, 2009
      I would think the XT would be getting close to being released. Any
      word yet?
    • johnstark
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 11, 2009
        When it's released it will be posted here.....

        JS

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 11, 2009
          Considering all the hype last year, I'm VERY disapointed at Uniden for at the VERY least announcing a release date. Instead, people who were 'holding out' for the XT are probably getting frustrated and looking elsewhere.

          I would say if we don't have 5 mega wa...er...a release date of around mid-may, the XT is going to loose a lot of intetrest.

          Why announce a product a year (or whatever it's been...) in advance, and only tease us with a product manual?
          I would think the XT would be getting close to being released. Any
          word yet?

        • Peter Laws
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 11, 2009
            On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 07:15, johnstark <johnstark@...> wrote:
            > When it's released it will be posted here.....

            Of course, but even those of us who have been patient see that there
            are only about 6-7 weeks left in Q1 .... :-)

            OK, not so patient. :-)

          • johnstark
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 11, 2009
              A year??? It hasn't been 6 months yet, which BTW is the normal time prior to
              release that Uniden makes an announcement, and considering they said it
              should be the 1st QUARTER of 2009 which, in their terms isn't even here yet
              and gone yet! So you'll just have to sit tight and stop whinning, at least
              until after the 1st Quarter is over or they make the release announcement.
              Of course since it was announced there has been one thing that could hold
              things up... the economy, who knows if or how it will affect things.

              So just hold on, 1Q 09 isn't done yet!

              > Considering all the hype last year, I'm VERY disapointed at Uniden for at
              > the VERY least announcing a release date. Instead, people who were
              > 'holding out' for the XT are probably getting frustrated and looking
              > elsewhere.
              >
              > I would say if we don't have 5 mega wa...er...a release date of around
              > mid-may, the XT is going to loose a lot of intetrest.
              >
              > Why announce a product a year (or whatever it's been...) in advance, and
              > only tease us with a product manual?

            • Matthew A. Zinicola
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 11, 2009
                I, for one, have a much different perspective on this. I think it's
                fantastic that we get as much information as we do before a product's
                release and have a direct line of communcation with the product manager
                for Uniden scanners. To be as well informed as we are (having feature
                comparisons, photos, AN OWNER'S MANUAL!) before the product is released to
                market makes us VERY well informed shoppers.

                There could be dozens of reasons why certain details have not become
                public yet. Corporations have to have all of their ducks in a row before
                certain milestones can be achieved. Not to mention, in this economic
                climate, securing reliable supply chains can be difficult, too.

                Sit back, relax, and keep your eye on your inbox. I'm sure you (and the
                rest of us) will know the moment something is able to be announced
                publicly, thanks to UPMan.

                Q12009 is not over yet.

                - Matt
                N3LLO/WQJA763
              • kayi4cle
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 11, 2009
                  Me, I'd rather they just take their time and "get it right." I like
                  knowing about it in advance, and I will be just as excited and
                  interested when it gets here, however long that takes.

                  You should have gotten a Pro-106 during the December giveaway, er sale,
                  so you'd have something to play with while you wait:-) (And, in my
                  case, make me appreciate the 396XT all the more when it finally
                  arrives.)

                  --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Iszak" <miszak@...> wrote:

                  > Considering all the hype last year, I'm VERY disapointed at Uniden
                  for at the VERY least announcing a release date. Instead, people who
                  were 'holding out' for the XT are probably getting frustrated and
                  looking elsewhere.

                  > I would say if we don't have 5 mega wa...er...a release date of
                  around mid-may, the XT is going to loose a lot of intetrest.

                  > Why announce a product a year (or whatever it's been...) in advance,
                  and only tease us with a product manual?
                • nocreativety
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
                    It looks like we finally have an announcement from Upman. Quote:

                    We expect to start shipping units out to our distributors the last week
                    of March.

                    How long it takes to make it through the supply chain and into dealers
                    hands is unknown...but usually just a couple of days.

                    All distributors will get the product at about the same time (we'll ship
                    to all distributors simultaneously). I have no way of knowing which
                    dealer will be first to have inventory.

                    You can stop hitting "REFRESH" now.

                  • randybcd396t
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
                      According to UPMan on the RR forum:

                      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmccorm@...> wrote:

                      > I would think the XT would be getting close to being released. Any
                      > word yet?

                    • dxradio2003
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
                        Uniden Paul says last week of March it will be sent to vendors and
                        probably a couple of days beyond to start shipping.

                        ---bob
                      • Jason W. Watts
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
                          Great! My 30th birthday will be at the end of March, so it'll be a perfect birthday gift for me to get myself! :-)

                          Jason W. Watts
                          Uniden Paul says last week of March it will be sent to vendors and
                          probably a couple of days beyond to start shipping.

                          ---bob

                        • David McCormick
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
                            Awesome news! Thanks everyone.
                            I've got one on order from Hamstation now.

                            randybcd396t wrote:

                            > According to UPMan on the RR forum:
                            >
                            > We expect to start shipping units out to our distributors the last
                            > week of March.
                            >
                            > How long it takes to make it through the supply chain and into dealers
                            > hands is unknown...but usually just a couple of days.
                            >
                            > All distributors will get the product at about the same time (we'll
                            > ship to all distributors simultaneously). I have no way of knowing
                            > which dealer will be first to have inventory.
                            >
                            > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>,
                            > "Dave" <dmccorm@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I would think the XT would be getting close to being released. Any
                            > > word yet?

                          • Frank Leidy
                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
                              I thought I was the only one who bought themselves something for
                              birthdays/holidays. At least that way I know I'm getting someone something
                              they want. :)

                              Mine's on order from Communication Electronics.

                              Frank