Re: [BCD396XT] squelch setting

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23, 2010
      It opens at low numbers (usually 1 for me) and higher is tighter (which
      means it takes a stronger signal to overcome it).

      As Paul suggested, I've found that a setting of '2' works fine for me.

      In general, you want to lower it on a CSQ channel until it opens (makes
      noise), then raise it until it just stops. Note this will not work on a
      CTCSS/CTCSS/NAC protected channel, or on a trunk system. You have to set
      it on a channel that is not using any means of guarded access. If you
      just hit HOLD-(FREQ)-HOLD, that will work fine.

      Joe M.