Re: [BCD396XT] Hearing TGs statewide (was: Tone Out Search)

  • Tim Smith
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 23, 2010
      Yes, thanks to all that responded.  This looks like a great group.
      Tim

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 23, 2010
        I'm guessing you probably could if the one TG is being used by someone very close by AND you are also close by or near that tower/site. Like the reply says. So if someone with a certain TG is running an errand (lets say) two counties over and needs to use the radio back home you will hear it on the tower(s) where the radio is being used and the towers back in the original county. Not all over the state. You can't program one TG and go all over the state and listen to it.

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 24, 2010
          Kansas' system functions exactly as Paul described. And from extensive
          experience with the 996T & 996XT in Kansas, I can tell you the 396XT will do
          a great job with the state P25 system.

          Clayton

          _____