RE: [BCD396XT] Re: WTB: BCD396T

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 7, 2009
      He was with Radio Shack before the 1st generation 396 was made, if I am not
      mistaken? So he most likely has a nice collection of both? But I could be
      wrong and it sure wouldn't be the first timeJ

      73

      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 7, 2009
        Maybe reading his posts you can figure out what he has and doesn't.... he's
        responded twice on the subject.

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 7, 2009
          Paul basically came on board with the development/release of the DMA
          scanners - starting with the BC246, I think. I doubt the two were
          directly related, but who knows... maybe they were (maybe DMA scanners
          were Paul's 'baby').

          Joe M.

          Mike wrote:
          > He was with Radio Shack before the 1st generation 396 was made, if I am not
          > mistaken? So he most likely has a nice collection of both? But I could be
          > wrong and it sure wouldn't be the first timeJ
          >

          > 73

        • scannermaster9
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 8, 2009
            We actually have amassed a huge collection of both U.S. and European
            scanners with the goal of opening a scanner museum as Dave says.
            Because we are considering moving though to new space I'm just not
            sure when it will be open....but it will happen.

            I am seeking for the collection the first computer-controlled scanner,
            Uniden's CompuScan (I believe it was called) that was controlled I
            think by a Commodore 64. Sorry to go off-topic here but as long as the
            opening was given I thought I would throw that out there in case
            anyone has one they would like to sell to be displayed in the museum
            or knows where I could find one. Thank you.

            Rich Barnett

            Rich Barnett

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, David McCormick <dmccorm@...> wrote:

            > That would be Scanner Master, he has the scanner museam. Check out his
            > web site.

          • Frank Leidy
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 8, 2009
              Rick,

              Looks like you are right. CompuScan CP2100.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MU_76ARt1g

              http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3A*&q=compuscan+police+radio

              Frank

              > We actually have amassed a huge collection of both U.S. and European
              > scanners with the goal of opening a scanner museum as Dave says.
              > Because we are considering moving though to new space I'm just not
              > sure when it will be open....but it will happen.
              >
              > I am seeking for the collection the first computer-controlled scanner,
              > Uniden's CompuScan (I believe it was called) that was controlled I
              > think by a Commodore 64. Sorry to go off-topic here but as long as the
              > opening was given I thought I would throw that out there in case
              > anyone has one they would like to sell to be displayed in the museum
              > or knows where I could find one. Thank you.
              >
              > Rich Barnett
              >

              > Rich Barnett
              >
              > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, David McCormick <dmccorm@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> That would be Scanner Master, he has the scanner museam. Check out his
              >> web site.

            • Paul Opitz
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 8, 2009
                I outlined the basic idea for Uniden, then for GRE...both while I was at RS. However, nothing really got done until I came over to Uniden.  I made the skeleton, but a bunch of really smart engineers actually put the flesh and muscles on and made it work.