Re: WTB: BCD396T

  • kayi4cle
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 7, 2009
      Aha! So it's you we have to thank for those manuals!

      What I'm curious about is that "something else" that you can't talk
      about. My guess is a BCD996XT.

      By the way, I really enjoyed your post:-)

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Paul Opitz <pmanu44@...> wrote:
      >> Wrote most of the manuals 1985-1996>
      > Right now:

      > * I have something else I can't talk about.
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 7, 2009
        He was with Radio Shack before the 1st generation 396 was made, if I am not
        mistaken? So he most likely has a nice collection of both? But I could be
        wrong and it sure wouldn't be the first timeJ

        73

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 7, 2009
          Maybe reading his posts you can figure out what he has and doesn't.... he's
          responded twice on the subject.

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 7, 2009
            Paul basically came on board with the development/release of the DMA
            scanners - starting with the BC246, I think. I doubt the two were
            directly related, but who knows... maybe they were (maybe DMA scanners
            were Paul's 'baby').

            Joe M.

            Mike wrote:
            > He was with Radio Shack before the 1st generation 396 was made, if I am not
            > mistaken? So he most likely has a nice collection of both? But I could be
            > wrong and it sure wouldn't be the first timeJ
            >

            > 73

          • scannermaster9
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 8, 2009
              We actually have amassed a huge collection of both U.S. and European
              scanners with the goal of opening a scanner museum as Dave says.
              Because we are considering moving though to new space I'm just not
              sure when it will be open....but it will happen.

              I am seeking for the collection the first computer-controlled scanner,
              Uniden's CompuScan (I believe it was called) that was controlled I
              think by a Commodore 64. Sorry to go off-topic here but as long as the
              opening was given I thought I would throw that out there in case
              anyone has one they would like to sell to be displayed in the museum
              or knows where I could find one. Thank you.

              Rich Barnett

              Rich Barnett

              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, David McCormick <dmccorm@...> wrote:

              > That would be Scanner Master, he has the scanner museam. Check out his
              > web site.

            • Frank Leidy
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 8, 2009
                Rick,

                Looks like you are right. CompuScan CP2100.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MU_76ARt1g

                http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3A*&q=compuscan+police+radio

                Frank

                > We actually have amassed a huge collection of both U.S. and European
                > scanners with the goal of opening a scanner museum as Dave says.
                > Because we are considering moving though to new space I'm just not
                > sure when it will be open....but it will happen.
                >
                > I am seeking for the collection the first computer-controlled scanner,
                > Uniden's CompuScan (I believe it was called) that was controlled I
                > think by a Commodore 64. Sorry to go off-topic here but as long as the
                > opening was given I thought I would throw that out there in case
                > anyone has one they would like to sell to be displayed in the museum
                > or knows where I could find one. Thank you.
                >
                > Rich Barnett
                >

                > Rich Barnett
                >
                > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, David McCormick <dmccorm@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> That would be Scanner Master, he has the scanner museam. Check out his
                >> web site.

              • Paul Opitz
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 8, 2009
                  I outlined the basic idea for Uniden, then for GRE...both while I was at RS. However, nothing really got done until I came over to Uniden.  I made the skeleton, but a bunch of really smart engineers actually put the flesh and muscles on and made it work.