Re: Digest Number 392

  • shelleysh1@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2010
      Joe, I'm afraid I have to go with Gerry on this one. I was never a fan of the USAD software. It had nothing to do with support or bugs - it was, to me and I know to many others, a "clunky" program and was not the least bit intuitive. Even as a basic programming software program, users expect a basic intuitive program. Please know, I'm NOT dissing Uniden! Over the last 25+ years I've seen software such as this come out of corporations like Uniden and it's their genuine attempt to provide a service to their customer base for a hardware product they've got on the market.

      There were and are many people who use and like the UASD software. I know this, although I honestly don't understand it. I do know it's an "apples and oranges" kind of thing but if one were to put the USAD software side-by-side with FreeSCAN, I can't see how they would choose UASD over FreeSCAN. Again, it's ONLY my opinion. (Not looking at updates, support, etc. ONLY looking at interface, user-friendly features, etc.)

      Shell

      **PLEASE NOTE - I compared UASD to FreeSCAN because they're both free programs. I didn't compare UASD to the other software programs since one has to pay for them, after a trial period.