USB Com Ports checking & installing drivers (was Re: I am tryiig to use a demo Verision V1.10 of ARC898T) [arc396]

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2010
      On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 01:59:25 -0000, "scannerguysf"
      <scannerguysf@...> wrote:

      > I am tryiig to use a demo Verision V1.10 of ARC898T. When I try to AutoDect my BC898T useing Rs232 communication setup under the BC898T tab I recieve the following message "ARC898T has not detected your scanner, please that the scanner is switched ON and connected. Also make sure the scanner is in remote mode." The scanner is in the remote mode. The scanner is connected to my laptop with a USB to Rs232 cable and the patch file. Any suggestions why the program can not find the scanner?

      In the control panel check hardware devices to see if any com ports are
      listed.

      If not then try this:
      Unplug the USB device from the computer and reboot the computer, make
      sure that the "radio" serial port connector is NOT connected to the USB
      device (often windows will look for a modem to go with the USB serial
      device).
      After the computer has reloaded open the device manager then plug in the
      USB device. Windows XP and above should indicate that it is installing the
      software for the device and then the device should display the device in
      the device manager. If that does not happen then you will need to
      reinstall the drivers for the USB device. If you have upgraded from XP to
      Vista or Win7 then you will need to upgrade the drivers for the USB
      device. If you need to reinstall the drivers unplug the USB device, run
      the driver install software, reboot, then plug in the USB device.

      Once your device is recognized then you can connect your radio's serial
      port cable to the USB device.

      --
      Best Regards, Keith
      http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/