Re: [BCD396XT] Group retrieval

  • Paul Opitz
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2010
      F+SCROLL to the system. While F is still activated, F+# to turn the channel group(s) quick key(s) back on.

      ________________________________
      If you have a system containing groups and you select Func then the group number it selects or deselects that group, can someone tell me if i deselect all my groups in the system how i select them again, my radio tell's me there's "Nothing to Scan" and i can't get my groups back which means I cannot use that system again until i use some software to select the groups again.
      Please help, lonely UK user

    • Richard A. Victor
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2010
        This link explains how to solve the problem and how to avoid it. The
        method described in "B" works well.

        http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Nothing_to_Scan

        Dick

        At 01:01 PM 2/4/2010, you wrote:
        >If you have a system containing groups and you select Func then the
        >group number it selects or deselects that group, can someone tell me
        >if i deselect all my groups in the system how i select them again,
        >my radio tell's me there's "Nothing to Scan" and i can't get my
        >groups back which means I cannot use that system again until i use
        >some software to select the groups again.
        >Please help, lonely UK user

      • Tim
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2010
          Thanks Guys, knew there would be a simple solution somewhere.
          Now back in use again :-)

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Richard A. Victor" <Victor@...> wrote:

          > This link explains how to solve the problem and how to avoid it. The
          > method described in "B" works well.
          >
          > http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Nothing_to_Scan
          >
          > Dick
          >
          > At 01:01 PM 2/4/2010, you wrote:
          > >If you have a system containing groups and you select Func then the
          > >group number it selects or deselects that group, can someone tell me
          > >if i deselect all my groups in the system how i select them again,
          > >my radio tell's me there's "Nothing to Scan" and i can't get my
          > >groups back which means I cannot use that system again until i use
          > >some software to select the groups again.
          > >Please help, lonely UK user

        • k6ccchome
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2010
            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <tim@...> wrote:

            > If you have a system containing groups and you select Func then the group number it selects or deselects that group, can someone tell me if i deselect all my groups in the system how i select them again, my radio tell's me there's "Nothing to Scan" and i can't get my groups back which means I cannot use that system again until i use some software to select the groups again.
            > Please help, lonely UK user

            There have been several answers to this I see, but what I did was to program a group that does not have a group Quick Key, with one channel that will never receive anything in each system. That one channel does not get turned off with Group Quick Keys so the system always has SOMETHING to scan. I call the group "Keep Alive" and the channel I use is a UHF TV channel with a DPL set (that of course will not decode on a digital TV signal).

            Jim Walls