Re: [BCD396XT] Programming for a neophyte.....

  • Clark Rennie
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2010
      When you decide on what software to use, look at the requirements for that
      software.

      Clark

      At 10:31 AM 2/2/2010, you wrote:

      >Hi,
      >
      >I am in the formative stage of planning for the purchase of a 396xt.
      >
      >When that time comes, I will be using a borrowed pc (I'm a Mac guy). Will
      >the borrowed pc need any special software to use the programming software
      >that is around? Also, how involved is it? I'm not a great pc user but
      >can get around most programs.
      >
      >Any tips on programming... very appreciated!!!
      >
      >Walt
      >South Carolina
    • bigfella237
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2010
        Andy, just think of the new scanners like your PC, where the files (i.e. freqs and TGs) are divided up into separate folders (i.e. systems) instead of all being in the root directory as was with the old scanners.

        If every file on your computer was under the C:\ drive then it would take you forever to find anything!

        Andrew

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Andy Smith <asmith195@...> wrote:

        >I¹m still not able to wrap my mind around the fact
        > that it does not have channel numbers---only memory.
        >
        > Andy in Pleasanton, CA

      • Keith
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2010
          On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 18:31:18 -0000, "im_windnfire"
          <im_windnfire@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I am in the formative stage of planning for the purchase of a 396xt.
          >
          > When that time comes, I will be using a borrowed pc (I'm a Mac guy). Will the borrowed pc need any special software to use the programming software that is around? Also, how involved is it? I'm not a great pc user but can get around most programs.
          >
          > Any tips on programming... very appreciated!!!
          >
          > Walt
          > South Carolina

          The ARC software does not require any additional libraries, but Freescan
          requires .NET libraries from MS.