Re: Programming Software for XT

  • shelleysh1@att.net
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 12, 2010
      Hi Ray :)
      Hey, I understand completely where you're coming from and what you're saying! The only point I was making was what I've seen and experienced over the years. So often when a "hardware" company produces a piece of software, the company is doing it as a "benefit" for the customers buying a (usually) new-to-the-market piece of hardware. When/if the hardware proves to be very popular, software developers write software for it (which is exactly what the hardware company is hoping they will do). The people at Uniden are no fools! They knew that they were bringing a great radio to the market and putting a piece of software with it was pure icing.

      Did they make a mistake by saying they were bringing an updated version with our XT? Indeed! Should they have subsequently said they couldn't get it done? Yes, they should have. But the point I've made all along is that Uniden is not in the business to produce software - they work on excellent hardware. And, in this economy, I don't think they'd even consider putting ANY resources into rewriting the software.

      Shelley

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "RJH" <rjhill3@...> wrote:

      > Hi Shelley,
      >
      > If they aren't going to make the software
      > they should have said that. They are a big company and certainly have the
      > ability to make the software. Like much of corporate America they don't
      > care. They should have had the software ready to do when the scanner
      > was released.
      >
      > The problem is: they have idiots like us who buy this stuff, no matter what.
      >
      > Ray

    • Derek Helling
      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 12, 2010
        I have had no problems either.  Have you updated the scanner's firmware and are you using the most recent version of Freescan?

        Derek

        Message 3 of 26 , Jan 12, 2010
          I got a CD w/software for the psr600 but it isn't much to talk about and it
          wasn't free and it had to be purchased from a seperate vendor, never did
          much with it though, pretty much useless stuff, at ;least Uniden makes
          descent software, so this one has issues and is a bit late coming out,
          better late than nothing at all like some companies