RE: [BCD396XT] UID Display suggestion

  • Ron Cluster
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2010
      I am. And that is what I would like to use for trunked systems. On
      conventional systems however, I like Mode 2 which displays the frequency on
      the third line. Hence the request to be able to choose the Mode for each
      system.

      And yes, leaving the Mode set to "Default" on a system should let that
      system change with the Mode selected for the radio, just as it does now.

      Ron in Eugene

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2010
        Hello All;

        I would like to thank you all for the outstanding advice,
        information, and assistance that has been provided here.

        I've taken Glenn up on his offer, and gone over to the 'dark side';
        yup, I traded him my XT for his GRE.

        I couldn't be happier. While there are a few nifty features I may
        (or may not) miss from the XT, the user interface on the GRE is so
        much easier for me to use, and the digital audio decoding so much
        clearer on the system I monitor, that I am again enjoying scanning.
        Which I had not been with the XT. And there are some nifty features
        on the GRE that the XT lacks...

        Horses for courses, as they say.

        So I'm back to having but one remaining Uniden product, my BC-101
        (original owner, from new, yeah, I've been doing this a long time)...

        73 y'all!

        Tom Frank, KA2CDK