Re: [BCD396XT] UID Display suggestion

  • SRehm24416@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2010
      I too don't like the alternating text display but you are right. Better that than not at all. And the more I think about your idea of selecting the screen display mode for each system the more I really like it. That is a great idea.

      jeff

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2010
        As long as the DEFAULT for all systems not set inherits the current
        RADIO setting so that changing it immediately sets the mode for all
        sytems that have not been set. C

        Sent from my iPod

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2010
          You are aware of Display Mode 3 which puts the UID on the third line
          rather than alternating it, aren't you?

          Joe M.

          SRehm24416@... wrote:
          > I too don't like the alternating text display but you are right. Better that than not at all. And the more I think about your idea of selecting the screen display mode for each system the more I really like it. That is a great idea.
          >
          > jeff

        • Ron Cluster
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2010
            I am. And that is what I would like to use for trunked systems. On
            conventional systems however, I like Mode 2 which displays the frequency on
            the third line. Hence the request to be able to choose the Mode for each
            system.

            And yes, leaving the Mode set to "Default" on a system should let that
            system change with the Mode selected for the radio, just as it does now.

            Ron in Eugene

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 7, 2010
              Hello All;

              I would like to thank you all for the outstanding advice,
              information, and assistance that has been provided here.

              I've taken Glenn up on his offer, and gone over to the 'dark side';
              yup, I traded him my XT for his GRE.

              I couldn't be happier. While there are a few nifty features I may
              (or may not) miss from the XT, the user interface on the GRE is so
              much easier for me to use, and the digital audio decoding so much
              clearer on the system I monitor, that I am again enjoying scanning.
              Which I had not been with the XT. And there are some nifty features
              on the GRE that the XT lacks...

              Horses for courses, as they say.

              So I'm back to having but one remaining Uniden product, my BC-101
              (original owner, from new, yeah, I've been doing this a long time)...

              73 y'all!

              Tom Frank, KA2CDK